Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Memory Card Error
  • tartanscarf

I’ve just tried to download some photos from the camera memory card onto my laptop and it’s corrupted. Is there any way to recover the photos?

Cheers
    TS

donsimon
    Free Member

Can you still see the photos using the camera?
    Have you got an alternative way of downloading to the computer? If downloading directly from the camera try a card reader.
    Have you used a different card to be sure it’s the card that’s giving problem and not the transfer method?
    There is recovery software available but I’ve only ever had limited success with it.
    Good luck.

tartanscarf

I can’t see the photos on the camera either, it’s giving an error message and offering to help me format the card. Very kind!

There’s a local company with the software that will have a look at it for me.

Cheers!
    TS

Cougar

That sounds expensive.

donsimon
    Free Member

That does sound like the card is goosed then.
    Have you tried another card in the camera, just to be sure it’s not the camera?
    If it is the card and there’s a company nearby and the price is ok and the photos are equal to the value of recovery cost… I’d be supporting my local businesses.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Try PhotoRec it may still read the card even if its corrupted.

beanum

Try this first:
    Zero Assumption Recovery

It’s a free tool for memory cards from a data recovery company. I had the same problem with a SanDisk card and that software retrieved all of the files. I then formatted it in the camera and am still using it…

tartanscarf

Thanks folks – beanums suggestion worked first time.

TS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Memory Card Error’ is closed to new replies.