Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Memento
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Saw it for the first time last night.

Anyone care to explain?

DezB
    Free Member

Backwards innit

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If I say to my wife one more time ‘Have we seen Memento’, I think she will kill me.

Basically the start is the end, the end is the start and they do a quick recap at the end (start?).

I kinda liked it.

BoardinBob

Joe Pantiliano set him up to kill the drug dealer

The drug dealers girlfriend then set him up to kill Joe Pantiliano

If it’s the DVD you’re watching, there’s an easter egg on it that allows you to watch the film in the true chronological order rather than the wacky timeline in the film

RealMan
    Free Member

Ok yeah I got all that, but is what Teddy said true? Why do you see Leonard in the mental hospital? Why do you see Leonard give his wife an injection, but also see him not give her an injection? Had he already killed the guy? Did his wife survive?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I would answer your questions but the notes about the film I wrote all over myself have long-since washed off.

samuri
    Free Member

The black and white film sections are all in the past, does that help?
    Leonard went into a mental hospital after being hit on the head by the guys who killed his wife. The injection was something to just show how much he cared for her, I dunno, insulin or something.

peterfile
    Free Member

it was actually keyser soze

woody2000

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jt3cGoPqg4&feature=related[/video]

richmtb

Brilliant film.

Essentially due to Leonard’s condition he makes the perfect killer – he is set on revenge and can’t remember his previous actions.

Teddy is a dirty cop who wants a drug dealer Jimmy killed and uses Leonard as the killer by convincing him that he killed his wife.

Teddy then fills in Leonard with the facts that they found and killed his wifes killer months ago and he has been using him all this time.

In the final scene of the film (which is actually right in the middle chronologically) Leonard realises that Teddy’s knowledge is potentially dangerous to his mental construct so sets himself up to kill him by writing down his number plate

z1ppy

I watched it for the 1st time the other day too… throughly annoyed by it as I was made to watch the same scenes twice constantly, what the **** was so amazing about that!
    Make a film half the length of a normal one, then repeat the scenes to bring it up to the length of a normal film..

To be fair I did enjoy it but was confused by the hype that surrounds it.

allthepies
    Free Member

It was the geezer with the limp.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Awesome film loved it!

swoosh
    Free Member

Not a bad film for someone that used to be in Neighbours

AlexSimon

I wish Nolan was still making films on this scale instead of the uber-budgets he has these days.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I think Inception is in the same “come on keep up at the back” clever but not pretentiously so spirit as Memento, and given he’d made the studio about $1bn from the batman franchise they gave him a blank check to make a film he’d always wanted to make. I’d rather Christopher Nolan was making big budget blockbusters for the studios than michael bay….

samuri
    Free Member

Funny that, I thought inception was a bit crap and not at all clever.

On the other hand I thought ‘Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind’ was badly made in that it included a number of huge gaffs, but I’ve been berated for stating that opinion before. Apparently I just don’t get it.

Try ‘Primer’ if you really want your head screwing with.

AlexSimon

Primer was great. Really enjoyed it.
    The problem with a big budget film is that it’s largely ‘by committee’. No mistakes are allowed, star actors are required, etc. I much prefer watching flawed interesting movies than the latest blockbuster.
    I wanted to watch ‘Cold Souls’ and ‘The Illusionist’ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0775489/, but my fairly large local Blockbuster wont carry them because they can’t justify the £35. Yet they have about 20 copies of ‘Skyline’ which is universally panned.

/rant

z1ppy

Watched skyline the other day, really enjoyed it 😀
    Didn’t know what to expect and ended up quite worried it was … opps I’ll stop before I post a spoiler..

You don’t have to listen to the critic’s, as they aren’t you after all.
    (in fact the more an action movie is critically panned, the better it tends to be IME [not always true but you know how it works])

WackoAK
    Free Member

Try ‘Primer’ if you really want your head screwing with.

It’s a superb film. If you like that then the Spanish one “Timecrimes” is on a similar theme although a lot more bonkers.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Memento’ is closed to new replies.