Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Melksham area
  • therag
    Free Member

Working near melksham for the next few weeks, is there anywhere near by to ride?
    I can only think of Bristol, looking for signed trails for easy to follow night rides. Cheers

awh
    Free Member

There is only Bristol for signed trails, plenty of woods and bridleways towards Bath that can be linked up though. Drop me an email (in profile) if you fancy trying some.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Plenty on cheeky little bits but nothing proper way marked

There is a club based there called setting a scene

http://www.settingascene.com/ used to be a gpx file list on there site

T1000
    Free Member

Don’t need to go as far as Bristol there lots of trails around bath, in between Chippenham and bath, etc

slowoldgit
    Free Member

South to Salisbury Plain, the perimenter track is boring but reliable.

spambiking.co.uk may have rides or info.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

Very weather dependent: lots of claggy mud, also depends on what kind of riding you want: not much in the way of waymarked rides though (may have changed in the 13yrs since I left).

Link up Through Whitley/Neston/Rudloe over to Box Woods.

Rudloe round Slaughterford (mudfest) to Biddestone.

Westbury White Horse.

Longleat Estate round Centre Parcs – name of the place escapes me for the moment.

Via Bromham or Sells Green to get up on to Roundway Down, can even go across to Cherhill, Avebury, Ridgeway if you’re up for long distances, or drive to Avebury and there’s a relatively straight forward loop from there along the Ridgeway, Barbury Castle and back across Fyfield Down. Silbury Hill and West Kennet Long Barrow for bonus UFO sightings and prehistoric crypts.

There was always talk of some trails on the hills between Bradford on Avon and Bath, again the name escapes me and I never got round to exploring that area.

Kiril
    Free Member

There some riding around erlestoke, or Avebury

therag
    Free Member

Thanks all, looking for 1-2hr rides, Tuesday or Thursday nights. Awh ill give u a call when I find some accomadation & settle in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Melksham area’ is closed to new replies.