Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mekk Poggio – your thoughts please
  • ElShalimo

I see that Wiggle have them in the sale. They look great value.
    Anyone got one? Ridden one?
    cheers

wiggles
    Free Member

When you turn left the gear cable pulls the front brake on… And the mech hangers are made of cheese.

ElShalimo

Soft or hard cheese?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Is that cable problem not just the fault of the person building it rather than mekk ?

toys19
    Free Member

I reckon, I saw one of these the other day and was very nice.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Mine is great, not had a problem with it!!!

wiggles
    Free Member

Might be one of the other mekks that has the cable issue but you can’t route them any other way. The cheese is soft enough to bend bit hard enough to snap when you bend it back.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Mech hangers are supposed to be made of cheese. That’s the point.

Those Poggios look decent value.

zoo200
    Free Member

“Heavy Chinese eBay Carbon bikes…. Based on the backend of a cannondale synapse and the front end is a colnago shape cut n shut together” – the words of Neil the rep….. Not mine.

ElShalimo

thehillsofsomerset – Member 
    Mine is great, not had a problem with it!!!

That sounds more positive!
    Which model do you have?
    What frame size?

bigblackshed

A mate has a Mekk. Not sure which model. He loves it but it’s had its problems. He’s just had a new one on warranty. Not sure how easy or hard they are to deal with, but he seems happy.

He’s bloody quick too. He had been riding for less than 3 months, took part in a local 10 mile time trial, run what ya brung, smashed the course record. And not just for the amateurs.

ElShalimo

Did they fix the problems under warranty?

bigblackshed

Not sure TBH. I only see him occasionally, last time he said he’d had more problems. Then over the weekend I saw he’d posted on his Facebook page that Mekk had sent him a new bike under warranty.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Had/Have a Mekk Potenza SL5.0 that i snapped in a freak accident.
    Not particularly heavy, the frame is 1200grms in a 44cm & the fork is 440grms.
    The mech hanger is indeed soft – but thats kinda the point isnt it? Mine sheared when the chain split & jammed the mech, taking it over the cassette & into the seatstay, which then snapped.
    Its a comfy ride, different geometry than the Poggio though. I will be getting mine repaired & building it back up into a winter roadie with full mudguards.
    I replaced mine with a Dolan L’etape which had similar geometry to the Potenza but is a nicer ride – in fact it’s a nicer frame full stop.
    Might be worth loking at the Dolan website before you drop the cash.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Loving mine so far after half a dozen rides. Comfy ride for what is quite a stretched out position. Lovely and quick, plus good value. Got mine from West Coast Cycles in Port Talbot (just by Afan turn off)

About to ride mine 80 miles today (swansea to machynlleth), then 80 tomorrow (mach to Holyhead), then with a group of 16 or so, cycling the 210 miles from Holyhead to Cardiff on Sat.

Raising money for Mind if anyone is feeling charitable 😀
    http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/jonnywilliams200

chowsh
    Free Member

I’ve had a Potenza for 18 months and it’s a great bike, only things I’ve had to replace are headset and bb but that’s probably from cleaning.
    Couldn’t find similar spec for the money elsewhere.

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

Well I got a Poggio and I’ve barely ridden it due to weather and a couple of problems. The main one was a missing spacer in the bottom bracket which caused it to fail after about 60 miles. The cable routing up front was a bit shonky too; I get the feeling they had the work experience boy build my bike.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mekk Poggio – your thoughts please’ is closed to new replies.