Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Megavalanche Tips
  • Steve77
    Free Member

Hi, it’s my first go at the Mega this weekend so would love to hear any tips people who’ve done it before have got. Anything from things you wish you’d brought along to tactics for the race would be helpful

From looking at last year on youtube apart from getting a good starting place in the quali the tactics seem to be go as hard as you can in the first 5 minutes overtaking on the inside of the pack at the fireroad switchbacks and get your feet down for any snowy bits. After that overtaking looks more difficult unless there’s a pile up and you can take a line around it

kimbers

not an easy one but ride to enjoy it-
    a lot of its out of your control, a mechanical or someone crashing into you/in front of you can set you back and its quite frustrating (all have happened to me before)

but just try and pass as many as possible before you hit the singletrack as its a pig to overtake. make sure you pre-ride the snow and those first bits of the quali/mega route as thats where a line mistake can cost you

its all rideable but if there is bottleneck at drop offs etc it can be quicker to get off and carry the bike

oh and get up extra early for you start the lift queues are looong i lost my spot on the quali grid by being late

have fun!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Megavalanche Tips’ is closed to new replies.