Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Megavalanche Insurance – PJ Hayman Adventures policy, any real life experiences?
  • iain1775
    Free Member

So having taken advice on here early last year I took out house and contents insurance with Pedalcover, which covers my bike and possessions whilst I am away in France, so I turned to Darren again for advice on a travel policy that would cover me for doing the Mega

He has come up with an Adventures policy from PJ Hayman
    At first glance it looks just the ticket
    Considering I have a annual travel policy that will cover me for cancellations etc (I can’t add to this they won’t cover the Megavalanche, I already checked) so Im just looking at the ‘extreme sports’ part of the cover it works out slightly cheaper than Dogtag’s most expensive policy, with similar cover and lower excesses and far cheaper than Snowcard

Everything looks good but I have an in built mistrust of insurance companies so does anyone have any real world experiences of dealing with or claiming from PJ Hayman insurance policies?

Or can anyone recommend any alternatives

nickdavies

I’ve always used them to ‘top up’ my travel insurance, probably for the best part of 10 years now.

It’s dirt cheap, they also run Perkins Slase and Adrenaline travel insurance who i’ve used before if you’ve heard of them. Never claimed though, but there would be no reason for them not to pay out just cos it’s a bit cheaper, just make sure there’s no small print that might catch you out.

Ask Darren if there’s any issue with having 2 insurances though, I’ve always thought it could be a grey area if you tried to claim and they found out you had 2 lots of cover cos they might fight over who should pick up the bill.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Megavalanche Insurance – PJ Hayman Adventures policy, any real life experiences?’ is closed to new replies.