Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Megavalanche insurance
  • superfli
    Free Member

Yeah, comes up all the time, but I’m still unsure what I need to take me off the mountain in a helicopter, if I have an accident.
    I have Prov race license with BC bronze membership, so I shouldnt need a doc note. Now I know Snowcard will cover for Mega race, but does that include transport off the mountain? Dogtag also cover, but their excess is huge (although cheaper insurance).
    Is it like skiing, such that I should take out some offered insurance when I get my lift pass? On top of what I already have.
    I just dont want the hassle if something should happen

Thanks

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I went with Snowcard I think for Mega and then Dogtag for some fairly remote riding in Morocco that required air lift rescure. I presume you mean a helicopter airlift if the worst should happen?

Would be pretty useless insurance if they didn’t include transport off the mountain wouldn’t it? I have to say I didn’t check – just assumed that paying the premium price that snowcard charge would mean premium cover.

But for your own peace of mind, give them a call, they’ll answer it in seconds – or email them for a written confirmation you can take with you in case of any quibbles?

superfli
    Free Member

Are you offered “piste” insurance when you get the lift pass? You get that on top of your ski insurance when on ski/boarding hol, so just checking thanks

mtbtomo
    Free Member

They do offer dedicated race insurance at the event sign on for about 20Euros I think. One of our party went for that, but only because they only had generic holiday insurance which covered mountain biking (non-competitive).

I didn’t buy it, cos I assumed that buying Snowcard’s specific Megavalanche insurance covered every eventuality.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’ve never bought additional “piste” insurance on a mountain bike holiday when buying a lift pass, whether thats Megavalanche or just a general mtb hol at an Alpine resort.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Megavalanche insurance’ is closed to new replies.