Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 265 total)
  • Megavalanche cheat
  • stevied
    Free Member

RIDER 1613, anyone off here? Not so sneaky when you get caught on camera 😯
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nXGn_zdrNQ[/video]

P-Jay
    Free Member

Possibly the Frenchest line I’ve ever seen.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

easy enough to name and shame from the results page…shame it looks the rider in question is a sponsored rider.

scc999

MEGAVALANCHE ALPE D’HUEZ 2017

Rider 1613 looks to have come 27th.

Northwind

Just shocked it wasn’t Joe Barnes tbh

jamesfts
    Free Member

Named and shamed on Dirt FB page – Link

chakaping
    Free Member

So brazen it’s almost funny.

Not gonna do wonders for his career, I’d imagine.

chakaping
    Free Member

And it seems that as well as not being French, the offender is a DHer who’s moved over to enduro this year.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Named and shamed on Dirt FB page

Looks like things may have turned fruity as it’s all been removed now (or at least I can’t see anything)!

damascus
    Free Member

Reminds me of the Lance Armstrong line. Maybe he just over cooked it and he had no alternative than take the short cut and avoid the big que of riders in front of him slowing him down 😆

russyh
    Free Member

Wonder why it’s been removed? Lad is a ‘Focus’ team rider…pretty stupid doing something so obvious in the age of Go Pro! What a plank

Dark-Side

russyh – Member
    Wonder why it’s been removed? Lad is a ‘Focus’ team rider…pretty stupid doing something so obvious in the age of Go Pro! What a plank

The article is still on the Dirt website, so I suppose its down to the comments on the Facebook video.

martinhutch

Funny! Wonder how long his FB page will last before the piss-taking comments start.

Wookster

It’s all gone from Dirt now from the look of things. Good advert for Focus bikes though, we are all mentioning them! So He’s done his job!! 😆

nairnster
    Free Member

Not really in the spirit of things.

Easy enough to find out who it is though.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Poopscoop

Seriously?

I don’t race but if I did I would sooner sit at home and watch tv than try and “compete” by doing that. 🙁

Wookster

Poopscoop – Member
    Seriously?

I don’t race but if I did I would sooner sit at home and watch tv than try and “compete” by doing that.

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Agreed! At first I just thought why enter and then not ride it all when it turned out he’s a sponsored rider I just though FFS!!

So what’s the sanction then? DQ from the race? Sacked from the team for bringing them into disrepute!?!?!

russyh
    Free Member

Looks like folks are starting on his facebook page…gonna grab the popcorn

russyh
    Free Member

So what’s the sanction then? DQ from the race? Sacked from the team for bringing them into disrepute!?!?!

I guess it’s a DSQ result if the organisers are actually interested in the event having any kind of credibility in its results. I would take a very, very dim view as a sponsor. From a personal perspective we all make mistakes when the adrenaline is flowing, what makes us a proper person is how we handle ourselves in a competitive situation. Personally I’m all for pushing the boundaries but that was a complete piss take

Northwind

It’s pretty interesting though because it’s not quite like the usual “cutting a corner” where it’s really about shortening the course or making a quicker route- what he’s really doing there is jumping the queue. Not defending it, it’s a straight up DQ but the motivation’s not the same as normal #endurocheating

nickjb
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with that line. Do you even Strava?

convert

Sure this not a case of mistaken identity? Our corner cutting hero has a light/white coloured helmet. The bloke with 1613 on his back and Joe Connell on his FB page have a very definitely red helmet.

imnotverygood

Front of his helmet is white, back is red.

convert

Front of his helmet is white, back is red.

Not sure it is – a splash of yellow but it does not look the same.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19420668_1460002514046044_600487675743772034_n.jpg?oh=678dd6b868794816747661eef4afca49&oe=5A05BC8B

nairnster
    Free Member

The comment on Facebook now seems to have disappeared. Can you remove peoples comments from your own posts?

russyh
    Free Member

So Dirt removed it, comments deleted of lads facebook page and it appears Ben Deakin has removed the video from his social media…..

nairnster
    Free Member

Still on YouTube though

russyh
    Free Member

That said the lads riding jersey looks darker than the accused…

nairnster
    Free Member

I must admit. The helmet does look different to me too.

Footage isn’t clear enough, and he didn’t look back to id the guy when he remained did he? I don’t know how he could tell which rider it was then.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Surely if he didn’t go outside any tape it’s legit?

nairnster
    Free Member

Generally the unwritten rule of enduro is you follow the obvious route. Normally cutting corners like shown i.e. that blatant and massive is a no-no.

They couldn’t really fully tape the whole mega avalanche course.

chakaping
    Free Member

Isn’t that white course tape on the higher section of piste that he’s riding down from?

So he was supposed to ride round that, not peel off beforehand

thegreatape
    Free Member

I just don’t think he should be penalised just because everyone else took the chicken run while he rode the feature 🙂

twistedpencil

Some shenanigans took place in that quali, places jumped around a fair bit in the hour or so after it finished… Looks like my mate just got promoted a space!

Northwind

No question at all that he was outside the tapes there

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Sure this not a case of mistaken identity? Our corner cutting hero has a light/white coloured helmet. The bloke with 1613 on his back and Joe Connell on his FB page have a very definitely red helmet.

on his instagram, there’s pics of him face on where his helmet appears white at the front I suspect due to a combo of sunlight, light colours and a high gloss finish. (pic17 but also Pic2 a bit).
    https://www.instagram.com/joe94connell/

Potdog
    Free Member

Damn, too late to the party, Youtube video appears to have been taken down now.

wrecker
    Free Member

This stinks.

teethgrinder

Advertiser ‘requesting’ it be removed or genuine mistaken identity?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘Megavalanche cheat’ is closed to new replies.