Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Megavalanche Accommodation through official Mega website
  • crocodilian
    Free Member

I’ve booked accommodation through the official website and had confirmation that I’ve paid but now the event is getting closer I’m wondering when I get some more information, arrival times, specific room information etc.

Has anyone else booked via this route? Am I being to hasty?
    I’ve emailed the guy responsible for sorting the bookings but have had no reply…possibly because I’m being a bit hasty so I’m reluctant to email again which is why I’m asking about it here…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Email the place directly? I presume its the big place in the centre of town? You can find their details online.

They are typically french when it comes to organisation

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They are typically french when it comes to organisation

True but it does seem to work out well in all the Chaos.
    In general the town is still a ghost town compared to Ski and Tour season so Arrival time – when you get there probably after lunch (you know 2pm onwards) or when ever you get there, if your driving park up have a beer, if your in a transfer you arrive when you arrive.

What do you want to know about the room that isn’t on the booking? Most places don’t tell you until you arrive.

Stop stressing and get some more training in!

crocodilian
    Free Member

Just as an update for anyone in the same position as me (booked accommodation through here: http://www.megavalanche-shop.com), I rang the hotel direct to see if they had my details as I hardly want to drive to France with nothing but a confirmation email from an intermediate website, they didn’t have my details but said they’d contact the guy who runs the bookings through the above website and see what was going on.

When I do this again, I’ll book direct with the hotel instead of using a “convenient” website.

Quite unhappy about all this.

Also, I have emailled this guy 2 times now (the second email just now).

I will ask again: has anyone else booked their accommodation successfully through the above website?

Any experiences?

ae212060
    Free Member

The past few times I’ve been, we turned up without a booking and found room no problem, half the apartments were empty!

Always take a sleeping bag or bed sheets though as these are often considered ‘extras’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Megavalanche Accommodation through official Mega website’ is closed to new replies.