Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Megavalanche 2015 roll call
  • rickmeister

Mrs Rickmeister did it and as a 53 yr old, rode a 2004 Orange 5 brilliantly.

Stand out performance was the woman that completed it on a Trek hardtail with 80mm travel forks…..

peachos
    Free Member

Stand out performance was the woman that completed it on a Trek hardtail with 80mm travel forks…..

Watching the women come through on the Saturday, one of them shouted that she’d broken her collarbone on the glacier. This was on the brow before dropping into Oz and with no sign of stopping her run. Nails!

iain1775
    Free Member

rickmeister – Member
    Mrs Rickmeister did it and as a 53 yr old, rode a 2004 Orange 5 brilliantly.

Hi Rick, just twigged who you are, nice to meet you at the finish of the quali run. Do you have the photos you took of me, Moray and Ben?
    Cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kristoff
    Free Member

Wow well done Peachos!

Well done to everyone else that completed.

rickmeister

Iain, yes, they are all uploaded to flikr and downloadable, ping me a mail via this forum and I’ll send you a link…

Btw, another woman ran her bike in to finish the race from quite a way up after puncturing and destroying the mech and chain…

Sure there are similar heroic stories from the men’s events…

It’s pretty brutal.

antludlow
    Free Member

Congratulations peachos that’s f’in brilliant.

I raced the amateurs and my ‘heroic’ story ended with me running with the bike for the last section as I smashed my bike up 🙂 Front wheel, rear mech. Also my gear shifter broke from a crash on the glacier in the first 10 mins!

First time doing the Mega and I was aiming for around 1.20. I got 1.49 which I was happy with given that I ran with the bike for 20 mins +. Btw I don’t recommend trying to get down the last narrow section pushing your bike – I got clipped a bunch of times, but there’s no way I wasn’t crossing the line.

Here’s my edit from the week – https://youtu.be/qRZJhSxCXbE

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Megavalanche 2015 roll call’ is closed to new replies.