Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 183 total)
  • Megan Stammers runs off with teacher
  • molgrips
    Free Member

The age of consent is the age of consent, why does the circumstances of the professional relationship between the parties matter?

Duty of care innit. Teachers have it.

MussEd
    Free Member

My wife’s paternal grandmother ran off with French teacher at the age of 15. He was 26ish iirc. To France, in 1938, he returned to Scotland at the outbreak of WWII. Joined up, was captured at Tobruk, escaped PoW camps twice (recaptured obviously) and saw out the war in captivity. Returned home, they got married nd had a family. Both lived to their 90s… Make of that what you will…

philconsequence
    Free Member

physics teacher had an affair with a vulnerable young lady from our school, she was in the year below me and rumours started when she was 14, said teacher had a new wife who was preggers at the time, he used to teach us (and the 14yr old girl) kickboxing after school where she’d always help pack away after we had all left.

cos he was a fun teacher we never paid too much attention to the rumours, but 2 years after i left school i saw them, hand in hand, kissing, walking around obviously no longer hiding the relationship now she was 16.

apparently he left the school when she got to yr 11 (15, turning 16yrs old)

duckman

I think you are trolling IHN.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But, again, at 16 you’re deemed as capable of making the decision as to whether to boff the person or not, or to report them to whomever for the undue influence that they are trying to exert.

Are you really saying you can’t understand why it’s different when it’s a teacher pupil relationship?

IHN

Duty of care innit. Teachers have it.

A duty of care means you must make every effort to safeguard the wellbeing of those in your care. It does not mean that they absolve all responsibilty to you, they are still capable of their own decisions.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s a sackable offence at my wife’s college where the kids are 17 and up.

chewkw
    Free Member

Bet the bloke will regret the whole episode in another 10 years time if they are still together …

falkirk-mark

I was actually surprised it made national news TBH, can’t be that much happening just now.

IHN

It’s a sackable offence at my wife’s college where the kids are 17 and up.

I can understand why you might lose your job over it, as it’s not a very clever thing to do given that it is supposed to be a professional relationship. I just don’t see why you should go to prison for it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

IHN, are you a teacher?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What made me wince was the puerile nonsense the teacher had written in his blog about “moral decisions” and how anything was O.K. as long as you could “look at yourself in the mirror” afterwards.

Moron.

He should just admit to himself he wanted to have sex with a minor and couldn’t keep it in his pants.

Prosecution looms. Deservedly so.

molgrips
    Free Member

A duty of care means you must make every effort to safeguard the wellbeing of those in your care

Depends if you consider youth to be a contributing factor to vulnerability, doesn’t it?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

IHN – Member
    I can understand why you might lose your job over it, as it’s not a very clever thing to do given that it is supposed to be a professional relationship. I just don’t see why you should go to prison for it.

deadlydarcy – Member

IHN, are you a maths teacher currently in france and running low on funds and teletubbies videos?

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Whats going on with the photo of the guy in this article?

Looks like he’s had two faces stitched together

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19710851

alfabus
    Free Member

Megan was apparently spied hand-in-hand with Jeremy Forrest, 30, on the plane home from a five-day-visit to Los Angeles with the school.

School trip?? Los Angeles??

I seem to remember going on a school trip to St Albans, and another one to Birdworld…. but Los bloody Angeles?

IHN

IHN, are you a teacher?

I wish 😉

Depends if you consider youth to be a contributing factor to vulnerability, doesn’t it?

Yeah, true.

konabunny
    Free Member

he’s abducted a minor at least. Her age doesn’t allowed her consent to stand.

Point of order – consent to sex is nothing to do with abduction.

A duty of care means you must make every effort to safeguard the wellbeing of those in your care.

No, it doesn’t.

at 16 you’re deemed as capable of making the decision as to whether to boff the person or not, or to report them to whomever for the undue influence that they are trying to exert.

The “exception” that applies to sex between teachers and U18 students is an obligation/restriction on the teacher, not the student. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable one. I know a reasonable number of teachers. I don’t think they would think it’s unreasonable either.

There’s seven billion people in the world. It’s not going to kill anyone if they can’t have sex with any of the children they’re responsible for and who are in a position of special vulnerability to them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wish

Good.

Woody
    Free Member

I wondered about that. Is LA now an area historical and cultural interest?

Gorehound
    Free Member

Whats going on with the photo of the guy in this article?

Looks like he’s had two faces stitched together

Wait until he gets jailed they have some really special treatments for nonces in prison.

kimbers

according to the daily fail (via the indie)………..

the school was made aware of the relationship months ago??

and yet the school did nothing? it is a church school though i suppose they just covered it up as normal

IHN

The “exception” that applies to sex between teachers and U18 students is an obligation/restriction on the teacher, not the student. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable one. I know a reasonable number of teachers. I don’t think they would think it’s unreasonable either.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable either, and as I said, I can quite see how a teacher could and should lose his or her job for it. What I can’t understand is why it is a criminal offence.

A 21 year old teacher could meet a 17 year old girl in a nightclub. They both quite fancy each other, and as long as shes not a pupil at his school, they can fool around with each other to their hearts’ content and no-one would bat an eyelid. If she is a pupil at his school, he could go to prison for doing what they both happily consent to doing. It seem a bit draconian.

franksinatra

I was actually surprised it made national news

Really? I think it is an obvious leading article. She is 15yrs old FFS

MrsToast
    Free Member

From what’s been said, the school, her parents and the police were already involved in looking at their ‘relationship’ before they did a runner – presumably they ran to avoid the consequences.

He’s a massive idiot, regardless of her willingness he was in a position of responsibility. A good few of my school mates had boyfriends in their mid-20s to early-30s when they 14/15 – I thought it was creepy then, find it even creepier now.

He’s completely ruined his life, certainly his career and I imagine marriage, and might end up on the sex offenders register. She’ll probably manage to come out of this with probably just a vague sense of embarrassment and regret, but will be able to move on fairly easily.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I thought it was creepy then, find it even creepier now.

yes +1 WhoTF wanted to hang out with schoolgirls?
    Blokes who could not interact with women their own age

emsz
    Free Member

It’s pretty sad all round. At 15 my head was all over the place emotionally I can understand how she thinks this is going to be the start of something great and I bet she thinks she’s madly in love. Don’t really care what he thinks he’s doing he’s got a responsibility to her not to do this.

crikey
    Free Member

Interesting, mainly from the reactions it provokes among the righteous…

If their gender were reversed, at least half the posts in this thread would be laddish and congratulatory.

Says a lot…

Kryton57

crikey – Member
    Interesting, mainly from the reactions it provokes among the righteous…

If their gender were reversed, at least half the posts in this thread would be laddish and congratulatory.

Sadly he’s right. When we were at school and at the age of 16 one of my mates was shagging the mum of one of our other mates. It only stopped when the two mates met over the breakfast table one morning.

We all thought he was a hero.

Kryton57

Gorehound – Member

Bored of the “other” forum now? 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

at least half the posts in this thread would be laddish and congratulatory.

On the first page, quite a few are.

Of course, you could be making it up to suit your own indignation.

crikey
    Free Member

It’s also how love works; rather than the pallid, limp, anaemic thing that passes for love these days.

As with the affair threads, it demonstrates the extent to which people are unable to think in anything other than straight lines.

Gorehound
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    Gorehound – Member
    Bored of the “other” forum now?

Nope just bouncing around all over when I’m between doing stuff. Free country isn’t it?

crikey
    Free Member

No indignation here, just interested observation.

Kryton57

the pallid, limp, anaemic thing that passes for love these days.

Ah, you spotted me chatting up emzs eh?

Kryton57

Gorehound – Member

Kryton57 – Member
    Gorehound – Member
    Bored of the “other” forum now?

Nope just bouncing around all over when I’m between doing stuff. Free country isn’t it?

Not in STW land, and you should know that better than most (awaits ban for treason)

Kryton57

(awaits ban for mentioning bans)

edd

What I don’t understand is; if he really liked her he could have waited until she was 16 (less than a year) and changed jobs to teach at another school. Then it would have been legal. Idiot!

davidjones15
    Free Member

Idiot!

Assuming, of course, that he is aware that what he is doing is wrong. No-one in their right mind could possibly believe that there is nothing wrong here.

Gorehound
    Free Member

Assuming, of course, that he is aware that what he is doing is wrong. No-one in their right mind could possibly believe that there is nothing wrong here.

What’s wrong here is the guy is a nonce simple as.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘Megan Stammers runs off with teacher’ is closed to new replies.