• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cooie.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mega TR275 2014 PSA and any 'real world' riding experiences please
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

CRC currently have these at £520 including Monarch RT3. I appreciate there is a new line-up coming out with a different suspension design but I’m seriously on the verge of going for it at this price.

Using it for general long trail ride duty, although I do like DH tracks, the odd uplift day and hitting moderate jumps and drops.

chvck
    Free Member

Big fan of mine, did the Dyfi Enduro on it and have ridden Antur and a load of local DH on it. It’s gone over some good sized jumps (granted, it wasn’t me riding it at the time) no bother.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I love mine too, way better than the 5 it replaced in every way.
    Good in the air and fine for xc rides…. Get one you won’t regret it

dirtydog
    Free Member

I appreciate there is a new line-up coming out with a different suspension design

From what I’ve read the TR is being dropped from the range.

The previous generation 160-mm Mega AM was a lot more popular than the TR version, so for this new generation Nukeproof did away with the shorter travel option on the smaller wheels altogether…Vital MTB

rocket
    Free Member

That is a proper bargain at £520. I have the 26″ 2013 which is the same apart from wheel size and I thought that was good value at £600 18 months ago. It’s a great bike in 26″ flavour. I most definitely would! Be aware QC ain’t great so you might need to just face bb, headtube etc before building. This is just from CRC reviews – mine was fine.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I live in hope of a similar reduction on the tasty 2015 versions. Can you lot please hurry up and buy all the 2014 stock

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

I think they are a good UK bike option…
    on the tough and burly end of a trail bike, its no lightweight long distance machine, not a long travel gnaarpoon, but for most people most of the time, I think its a good compromise.

depending on how your going to ride it you could do do a “light” build for “xc with a smattering of tech”, or drape it in burley forks and saint for a thrash around bike.

The GF runs one on the “light build” side (granted its never going to be light)

wrightyson
    Free Member

I bought the pro version virtually a year ago. It’s a great bike. We ride some very rocky stuff round our way and the bike always feels longer in travel than it is. I changed the revs to pikes which was a great move and went from a 36 front to a 32. Other than that it is still stock. However…. it creaks and it’s currently back with crc dor the 2nd time to have a full strip and bearing/bushing replacement. It was something I noticed after month 4 so an ongoing issue, probably me being picky but i didnt drop the best part of 2k on a bike for it to have issues. I would also check before buying to see if it has had the upgraded bushings that some of them require.

murf
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/r-pm/blackfridaywk2ultra?_DARGS=/common/frag/searchResultsPagination.jsp.2_A&_DAV=72&_dynSessConf=6739480310207583738&totalNumberOfRecord=99&pageNumberValue=3&perPage=72

Apparently it’s part of a weekly deal which presumably ends tomorrow, will the price go back up if I add it to my basket and buy it when I get paid next week?
    Anyone have prior experience of these deals?
    Curse my wife for buying all the Xmas presents early this year and leaving me devoid of bike cash!

chakaping
    Free Member

will the price go back up if I add it to my basket and buy it when I get paid next week?

Yep, better get digging down the back of that sofa!

(or just use the credit card)

baddddad
    Free Member

my lad has got one and loves it – sign up for british cycling membership (£20) and get another £50 off it (and 10% off everything for a year)

murf
    Free Member

Tried the credit card, dug it out to find it expired in 2011.
    Time passes quickly!

cooie

Do you get a code from British Cycling to go in the promo code box?

baddddad
    Free Member

yep – once you sign up it’s shown in your membership dashboard

you can only use it once a month and basket has to be at least £99. You get a new one each month.

It used to work permanently on any value purchase but i guess they were giving too much away!

cooie

Thanks. Worth joining to get £50 off a frame,even if I don’t use it again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mega TR275 2014 PSA and any 'real world' riding experiences please’ is closed to new replies.