Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mega TR 275 riders – how's your sizing?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Looking into the 2014 frame sale at CRC, £649 with Monarch RL seems a very good deal.

MUCH prefer the look of the 2015 frames but from what I can tell the only difference is the much improved paint jobs, and inclusion of a CCDB or RT3 shock. At £1124/£1299 I just can’t justify the extra cost.

Have seen a few comments about the sizing coming up short – i’m not a fan of short cockpits. I’m toying between the large or XL (i’m 6’1″ with 31″ inside leg) as the Mega TR is coming up shortest of all frames i’m currently considering. Eff TT on large is 609mm, reach at 433.

Also looking at Vitus Escarpe PRO which measures up in large at Eff TT 620mm, reach 451mm.

In comparison, my current 45650b feels a bit restricted at 618mm Eff TT, 410mm reach.
    I know there are stems lengths to play with etc, i’m just not used to comparison between hardtail and full suss geo.

Any TR owners out there able to share their experience?

Lester
    Free Member

im 6ft and i like the fit of the 275 tr in large, it seems to fit me perfectly.
    N+1 and mega 26 and tr 26 have very similar top tubes.
    you might be better off with the am 275 which has ett of 618 and a longer wheelbase, and spookily enough i just happen to have one of in fantastic condition, for £575 posted, with a bottom bracket and headset ( add £75 to the £650).
    mine comes with monarch plus

gazc
    Free Member

i’m 6ft and have an XL/20inch st on the way. having compared geometries with my el guapo 26’er it should have the same reach with a 35mm stem as my el guapo with a 60mm stem and only 0.5inch on the seat tube so no problem for getting the reverb at the right height. tried a 35mm stem on the el guapo and really like it’s handling, except for the fact its waay too short for longer rides. fancied a bird but bit out of my price range (need money for wheels too)

had a look at a medium TR and a large AM in a local shop. the large mega am seemed a good fit with a 50mm stem on, and apparently its 10mm or so longer in the top tube than a TR…

EDIT: and if its this one you’re talking about it does say it comes with a Monarch RT3 custom tune 😀

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-mega-tr-275-rockshox-monarch-2014/rp-prod106879

chvck
    Free Member

im 6ft and i like the fit of the 275 tr in large, it seems to fit me perfectly.

+1 for me.

thenorthwind

I’m about 6’1″, got a Mega TR 275 Pro 2014. Fits me pretty well. Not much else to comment on sizing-wise :-/

thenorthwind

I’m about 6’1″, got a Mega TR 275 Pro 2014. Fits me pretty well. Not much else to comment on sizing-wise :-/

Obviously this post was completely useless without saying it’s the 20″ frame 😳

I read a few things saying they size a bit small, so go bigger, when I bought.

slimjim78
    Free Member

So, 2 votes for large (although riders a smidge smaller) and 2 for XL

Northwind, got any pics? How gate like is an XL?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Ooh yeah gazc, so it is an RT3.. Nice.

So that makes the frame price alone actually around £350? Can’t be bad eh? (apart from its apparent anchor weight)

ryan91
    Free Member

I’m just shy of 6 foot and ride a large TR275, it does feel a bit short at times but then again would it retain its chuckability if it was another one of the trail limo’s ? Threw a layback seatpost on it and happy days 😀

slimjim78
    Free Member

Only way to be sure is to ride both. Fat chance of that unfortunately.

Gonna have to make an eductated guess, running a Reverb means no layback. Just seems/sounds to me like its going to come up short in Large. I have a looong torso, I think I have extra vertebrae in their or something.

Am worried about XL feeling a bit barge like, having said that, TR275 in XL flavour is a gnat’s cock smaller all round than an Aeris in Large – which supposedly shreds.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Gazc, could you let me know how you get on with your XL once you’ve set it up?

sime46
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 ish on a Mega Am 275 Pro medium. I’d say it’s close to perfect for my size. Deffo chuckable and very comfy om a long ride. Just had 5hrs in saddle in Derbyshire and its spot on. I could go again now. More comfy than my 18″ Orange Five that I had before. Hope that’s of some use.

thenorthwind

Northwind, got any pics? How gate like is an XL?

Apologies for not getting back on this thread sooner.

Don’t have any pics of me and the bike – guess a pic of the bike isn’t much good on its own.

Have this video however, not the greatest angle, but might help. Made it for an in-joke (don’t ask!).

It took a couple of adjustments to get the dropper at the right height in the seatpost to get the range I wanted, but happy with it now.

I’m actually thinking of selling the bike. It’s a fantastic bike, but I’ve realised a hardtail and fat bike combo would suit the riding I do better for the money. I haven’t advertised it as I can’t bring myself to yet, but was thinking of asking £1800. 7 months old, seen less than 200 miles ( 🙁 ).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mega TR 275 riders – how's your sizing?’ is closed to new replies.