Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mega or Capra????
  • marco
    Free Member

Hi Guys,
    So, i’m fortunate to be in the market for a new bike.
    Narrowed my choices to a new YT carbon capra or the new Nukeproof Mega 275(as my current bike is a 2014 meag AM I built from new and really like)
    Bit spoilt I know but I work hard and my wife is ace.
    Anyone experience of either?? I know the new Mega is not on sale yet officially but folk have had rides on them.
    Cheers

riklegge

No experience of the mega, but Capra rides very well, pretty light, climbs well and descends like a DH bike. The only issue is ensuring you get the right size as they come up a bit small

colp

Rode my new Capra Pro LE for the first time at the weekend, I’m used to a fairly old (2007) Heckler and a DH bike but the Capra was so easy to ride around Degla black route. Climbs very well, very poised on the descents, geometry felt like DH bike but suspension nowhere near as plush (I haven’t set it up yet though).
    Really excellent bike, just dreading any warranty problems as my son had to wait over 2 months for a replacement shock for his.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Have rode both, the Capra is better at everything. Although the Mega is still pretty good.

ade9933
    Free Member

New mega looks pretty tasty tho.

Having been bitten by atrocious customer service from Canyon and having experienced the awesomeness of Orange in the same department, I know where my money would be going.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I haven’t rode the Capra but I own a 2014 Mega and I have rode the new 2016 Mega AM and its a completely different bike, much lighter and more flickable, if I could afford one I would in a heartbeat, HTH a bit 😉

marco
    Free Member

Cheers guys
    Some really positive replies. I would really like the new Mega 275, but adding up the components, I cant justify the cost! £1350 for frame only is discouraging.
    So…I have just ordered a CF comp Capra with new Lyrik fork, E13 wheels, stealth reverb, full carbon frame, sram X1 groupo, race face cranks, bars, stem & chainring, Sram guide RS brakes & rotors for £2700. Bargain of the year I reckon.
    Thanks for the input and advice. I’ll report back after a few rides
    Peace & love

wrightyson
    Free Member

As much as the haters want to hate don’t ever feel bad about spending your hard earned on whatever you want. That’s all I can offer..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mega or Capra????’ is closed to new replies.