Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mega cheap builds..
  • brann112233
    Free Member

First time posting, usually too busy out on my bike 😉
    Having recently broken my collar bone, I found myself with a lot of time on my hands. My fleet of bikes was down to one, my Kona Tanuki full sus, and I started to get an itch for a steel hardtail.
    4 weeks on classified forums and ebay has resulted in this..

Not much to look at I suppose, but when you consider it cost me this…

Frame : On One Inbred £50 inc headset
    Fork : Epicon Air 120mm with 15mm bolt through. £40 (steerer had been cut to 160mm, perfect for the inbred.
    Gearset : Shimano Deore 3×9 mechs & shifters. seen better days but full working order, £25
    Chainset: Shimano Deore Hollowtech II, £25
    Brakeset: Elixir 1, £30
    Bar/Stem/Post/Saddle all of an old Carrera vulcan I had lying around.
    SLX Wheelset is of my full sus, will prob upgrade the full sus wheels in future and these can become permanent on the inbred.

So all in £170 spent, granted I had bit’s lying about.
    Taken around the block once and very happy with it, another week or so before I hit my local trails. I know it’s not really a looker but think that’s why I love it so much. One day I will powdercoat midnight blue 😀

Anybody else have bargain builds that they love?

P20

Good build especially for little outlay. Rear mech cable looks too short though

takisawa2

usually too busy out on my bike

Think you’ve got the wrong forum.
    Nobody on here actually rides.
    This is a retirement home for Rad-ness of Gnar veterans. We just throw literary scatter cushions at each other all day. Occasionally a big old vet called Ton comes in & makes us tidy up. We don’t actually ride bycicles.

takisawa2

On a seriouser note, nice build. I love the Inbred.

transporter13
    Free Member

Nothing to be ashamed of with that bud. Looks nice

iamroughrider
    Free Member

looks brilliant. I would zip tie the cables underneath the top tube.
    Will come into it’s own in winter ( ssshhh.. )too.

dandax1990
    Free Member

What’s your PayPal? I’ll send £170 over and I expect a similar bike in a month’s time. Cheers.

I’m also out with a broken collarbone, did it last Friday.

So far I’ve almost ordered a Revelation RL and looking at a Cotic BFe frame…

Oh and an Easton EA70 wheelset, very good price.

Ooops, naughty naughty.

the-muffin-man

It’ll ride great!

…but looking at that wall you needed to set a few pounds aside to buy a spirit level! 😀

tomhoward

What’s wrong with the cable? They look very odd…

Northwind

I think you’ve done well there considering you obviously built it in the dark. 😆

brann112233
    Free Member

Haha, looking a bit better now. This was an early pic. Was using old gear cable and was a bit short, brake cable now sorted and gear cable will be replaced soon. Don’t think that wall will be sorted anytime soon. New house (hence budget)and you should see the rest of the garden!!

the-muffin-man

I just built this for the Mrs – I bought the frame for £25, and all the other stuff I already had. Not sure it counts as mega-cheap though(!) – most of the kit I bought new many years ago (some is over 10 years old), although it has little value now…

thejesmonddingo

dandax,did you actually buy those wheels,I’ve got a pair off my new Kona Tanuki Supreme,you could have had them complete with 2.25 Ardent lusts for £150,mind you they’ve done about 20m through the house and into the shed.And I’ve got a broken collarbone too,now just over 3 weeks old.The Tanuki is to distract me LOL.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mega cheap builds..’ is closed to new replies.