Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mega 2015, who's in?
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I want to be, site is shocking though! Any idea how long places will be available for?

Will be going it solo, anyone else going alone? Have a spare spot in the van if anyone wants to split costs.

What are the insurances about, it says on the first multisport option that if you have no race licence or insurance to use multisport, does that mean I don-t need a medical cert if I sign up for their insurance? Why does it have to be so bloody complicated?

Edit: When going on to the last page I just get ‘internal error’, anyone else getting this?

samcamsdad

last year i used dog-tag insurance, and took a doctors note. that was all I needed to race.
    Don’t think it sold out last year, due to other events on the same weekend, but not sure if it will be like that this year.
    Stick with the website, it will be worth it if you get entered. As long the weather is better than last year!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yeah saw the videos of last year, pretty horrific!

jamesoz

The multi sports card does mean you don’t need a race licence or docs note. The website is improved from last year, in that it’s somehow worse.
    From what I gather the earlier you register combined with previous results, the better grid slot you get in qually.
    Can’t see it selling out too quickly after last year.

chrishc777
    Free Member

No one up for it then, all scared by a bit of mud? 😈

samcamsdad

Not this year for me! Got other things I want to do this year.
    Might go Again next year for my 40th!
    Met quite a few doing it solo last year, so you’ll be fine, always plenty of people to ride with.
    Good thread over on pink bike with loads of good info on the mega.

jamesoz

Oh I’ll be there after brake failure the year before last and being taken out in qually last year I’m hoping for more success this year.

chrishc777
    Free Member

how hard is it to qualify? If you don’t you still race but iss the mass start right?

niksnr
    Free Member

Mud? Nah, it was the shambolic organisation because of the mud that has ensured I never give them my money again. Morzine was a laugh tho!

chakaping
    Free Member

how hard is it to qualify? If you don’t you still race but iss the mass start right?

If you’re a confident and competent rider with OK fitness then you should get in a mass start race no problem.

For example, I’m lower half of the field in UKGE events but still managed it despite a crash off the start line in my quali.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Good to know, I’ve raced the QE enduros and been about halfway up both times, one of which with 2 hours sleep and severely hung over!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Might go Again next year for my 40th!

Thats my plan for 2017. Never done it, feel I ought to.

Would a Canyon Nerve survive?

deadkenny
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    If you’re a confident and competent rider with OK fitness then you should get in a mass start race no problem

Personally I wouldn’t be doing the Mega for racing and I’d like to enjoy it so I’d be avoiding the mass start anyway. I have no desire to have me and my bike smashed up by mad Frenchman in a mass start and be out of the thing in the first minute.

I also need a guarantee the conditions aren’t like last year! 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

To qualify for the main race depends on the entry numbers. last year you needed to be in the top 23 of your respective qualifier to get in. The next 23 went into the next mass start race, then the next 23 into the last mass start. If you wern’t in the top 70 or so then you get to do a non mass start timed affinity race.

The first year I did it I was on the 6th row of my qualifier (20 people per line), and wasn’t overly fit, but snuck in about 20th place, so it’s not that hard – best advice is give it everything you have at the start, all the way to the lift station, then hang on – as its a lot harder for people to overtake you then.

Not doing it this year, as we’re going for a summer in Whistler instead. Last years weather put me off a bit.

Great fun though, its the best worst race you will ever do 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mega 2015, who's in?’ is closed to new replies.