Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Meeting OHs children
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Okay so its a slow day at work, enrolment has begun and its worryingly quiet, so I’m looking to be amused with stories of how the first meeting of the OHs children have gone for people. One is 11 and one is 14 and we’re all going to pizza express on Friday night. I’ve already had classic nuggets from people at work such as ‘dont be too sharp they’re only kids, in fact dont talk at all’. Okay go for it, put the fear of god into me!

Marge
    Free Member

be scared – very scared. They are only kids 🙂

jane15
    Free Member

as long as the pizza tastes good you will be allright 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just think that they’ll be thinking “you ain’t Mom are you”… whilst looking at you sideways over their iPhones..

😯

😆

HTH’s

cranberry
    Free Member

Kids are basically humans without any humanity.

Take pepper spray.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Are you familiar with the works of Stampy Longnose?
    Do you know the difference between a Creeper and a Spider Jockey?
    Have you vanquished the Ender Dragon?

If not then you’re probably screwed.

or , alternatively, just be yourself and chill out. They’re only kids, not Aliens. Just don’t try too hard.

oh, and watch out…..THEY CAN SMELL FEAR!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Unfortunately/fortunately 90% of how they behave and treat you will depend on how their Mother feels about the meeting. If there’s a bitter and twisted ‘ex’ in the background….it won’t be fun. If its the opposite, then you’ll be fine.

chewkw
    Free Member

If you can’t cook you are screwed! Screwed! Big time!

Women must know how to cook coz men cook better … look at men in charged of BBQ.

If you can cook well they will love you and I don’t mean baked potatoes or some of the salad raw vegs or microwave food or some pasta whatever.

😆

iainc

are they boys ? low cut top and hot pants should suffice if so 🙂

binners

Do a rap to introduce yourself, complete with homie-style gangland posturing. Kids love that shit!

MoreCashThanDash

If it helps, my own kids scare the bejeesus out of me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The OH is the youngest of 4 so there’s a lot of nieces and nephews, I had to join in with Just Dance and Sing-star, so basically this

Kids are basically humans without any humanity.

I got a good report for turning up in the MG and being able to play call of duty.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Do a rap to introduce yourself, complete with homie-style gangland posturing. Kids love that shit!

Yeah! This….. and refer to them as “blud” and “dog”. Ya get me?

It’s well gangsta, innit!

ninfan
    Free Member

About a year and a half after my dad passed away, my mum started a new relationship – so in this case I’m the OH’s child (though to be fair, I was 40 and my mum nearly seventy, as was her new amour)

Me being me, first time I had met him, just before Christmas – I said ‘So, you’re the bloke who’s shagging my Mum then?’

My mum laughed her head off, my daughter also laughed her head off

He was mortified, went off in a big strop, didn’t speak to me for 24 hours, and then went off back home without a by-your-leave or shaking my hand. 😆

Fortunately my mum backed me up 100% – as she said, I was exactly the same as I would have been with anyone 🙂 however I’ve not spoken to him since 😳

binners

If they’re female, wear your favourite One Direction t-shirt, a black armband, and sporadically burst into tears.

If they’re male, conspicuously, and noisily fart just as the pizza arrives

thegreatape
    Free Member

While there’s no doubt some truth in what rockape says, I reckon kids that age are pretty good at deciding for themselves who’s a dick and who’s not.

Also, since its Pizza Express, and if the menu hasn’t changed for twenty years, you can be as hilarious as my friends and I were as students and enquire of the waitress at pudding time, ‘Can I see your pear, tart?’. That should go down well.

chewkw
    Free Member

Walk like a gangster with one shoulder drop and one leg dipping with attitude. Start with the greeting “Yo! Yo! Yo!”.

matt_outandabout

11?
    14?

Dead.
    Meat.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Show solidarity with them by ordering the most expensive things on the menu. Then don’t eat any of it.
    Be sure to complain that everything takes too long and constantly fidget in your chair.
    Refuse to enter conversation with anyone and sullenly stare at your ipad until it’s taken away…. then start kicking one of the other kids under the table.
    When the food arrives, be sure to throw a loud tantrum because it’s not what you wanted although, clearly, it IS what you asked for.
    The food arriving is your cue to then go to the toilet twelve times in the next half hour whilst shouting at the top of your voice about how you’re ” really, really bursting!”
    Oh, and definitely knock over at least one drink.

That’s exactly what my last experience of taking my kids to Pizza Express was like.

Best of luck.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Walk like a gangster with one shoulder drop and one leg dipping with attitude. Start with the greeting “Yo! Yo! Yo!”.

……and be sure to mention your numerous ” mad skillz, yo!” as many times as you can.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Pop phycology here but I guess they are probably goign to hate you, as you are taking some of their mums / Dads attention away.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d walk away now and avoid the torment.

nickc

Meet them o/s for a ciggie?

Houns

*books table at pizza express Stourbridge *

shermer75
    Free Member

If you change it to Pizza Hut there’s unlimited salad bar. Winner!

fasthaggis

Just don’t try too hard

That’s all you need to know 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

*books table at pizza express Stourbridge*

Again? You never take me anywhere nice. Frikkin cheapskate. I TOLD you I wanted to wear my new frock Friday.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    *books table at pizza express Stourbridge *

Take your Phone and take pics, do some undercover reporting please too whilst you are there, live feed would be great..

Ta

😆

GolfChick
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆 awesome replies as usual from STW. I believe we’re going to merry hill and not Stourbridge so you might want to alter your booking! I’m fine with them sitting on their iPhones so long as I can join in! Him and his wife have been divorced for I think around ten years now so no angst left there. I may have to turn on my swear filter between now and then in the hope it’ll hold on the evening!

sargey

Oooooo free tantrum entertainment up the mezza,I’ll bring the family 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hoof them in the slats.

ste_t
    Free Member

Date? Merry hell?

This doesn’t bode well

chewkw
    Free Member

Remember to fist bump and gangster hug them then give them the gangster signs with one in each hand.

Never ever normal hug. Never! Coz that is for the weak and needy. You want to use gangster hug to give you the upper hand in putting them in their place.

They should know their place!

When ordering food only order proper red meat stuff preferably medium cooked. If they order something else, not chunky meat, just laugh at them then tell them they lack vitamins to grow proper.

Also wear a gangster head scarf …

That should sort things out for the evening.

FB-ATB

If they play up, don’t forget to withhold the pudding!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Meeting OHs children’ is closed to new replies.