Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Meet and greet airport parking.
  • andycs

Off on holiday soon from East Midlands Airport. Looking at parking charges and meet and greet is same price as other parking with a shuttle bus. Like the idea of meet and greet and wondered if anyone had experience of this service?

brokenbanjo

Used it at Manchester. Does feel a bit weird, handing your keys to a stranger and watching your car disappear. I took a photo of the fuel gauge and mileage too, just to be safe. But yeah, it is pretty good value really.

cp

used it a Gatwick in Feb for the first time.

won’t be using any other sort of parking at airports from now on, even though it cost a tenner extra for the week. saves so much time at the airport.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrightyson
    Free Member

Also flying from east mids soon but went for the hotel option just down the road. Booked it using a “mystery deal” the text in the write up was exactly the same as knowing the hotel so plumped for that one. Needless to say it was the same hotel for a tenner cheaper. Thought we’d start our holiday a day early for 20 quid more than the cheapest parking. Bus from the hotel every 20 mins, takes 10 mins, so not much more than the shuttle bus.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, we’ve used it at Heathrow a couple of times at least. It’s a no brainier IMO if you’re paying for car parking. There’s no difference in cost and the lack of faff is fantastic.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Think it was ten quid at East Midlands.
    One childish story of said parking was a mate who sounds a bit camp, when he started his car up the stereo was on very loud and tuned into gaydar fm 😆

mst
    Free Member

Once had a nightmare with a firm at Heathrow. Wouldn’t answer the phone to give them the 20 minute warning they want. No one there to take my car when I got there. Lied to on 2 occasions that my driver was on his way. Eventually managed to get someone to accept the car (not my designated driver) 1 hour later than it should have been. It was the only problem I’ve ever had with them, and I’d still use the same service as it’s far less hassle, especially with the kids

peterfile
    Free Member

Use it whenever I can. Drop off points are generally excellent, drive up the terminal, get your bag out of the car and walk away. Not had any issues over the years, but like everything, I have heard a few stories of people having big mileage put on their car (i.e. parking is miles away from the airport) and late return, but nothing that worries me to the extent I’d stop using that sort of service.

theotherjonv

Never had an issue. Only minor gripe was one time at h’row, where I watched from the upper level car parking bit down on to the 4 lane traffic lights below. And then saw my car spin away from the lights in order for o get across all 4 lanes to get onto the t1 up ramp, amid much horn action. I politely enquired if it had been driven like that all the way from the parking cpd, and got a sort of muttered apology 🙂

andycs

Thanks for the feedback, will give it a go.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

spooky, just looked into this for our next riding holiday given how much hassle trying to get bike bags onto off-airport parking buses is (ie. a huge ball ache they can and do refuse if its busy), and the alternatives (onsite parking, hotels) are so expensive.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Meet and greet airport parking.’ is closed to new replies.