Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Medium Santa cruz heckler
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

How much do you think my heckler frame is worth? with dhx5 probably in need of a service. Its in white and great condition. Cheers!

flow
    Free Member

How old? What condition? How are the bushings?

hora
    Free Member

I’m interested in your frame markhoracekuk@yahoo.com

SBrock
    Free Member

What year is it

SBrock
    Free Member

To be honest you can buy a new one now for £899 and I’d I remember rightly isnt it pre 2008′ I would guess around £400

cooie

£1099 now.

hora
    Free Member

I’d never value a new single pivot frame at 1099. So I see all 08-11 hecklers as 50% of 899 retail. Pre 08 I’d say 300-350

nmdbase
    Free Member

hora is on crack, good luck getting a 2011 at £450

GolfChick
    Free Member

I bought it brand new in 2010 from evans cycles, great condition, the rear swing arm has been covered in amalgamating tape since new so no marks there.

SBrock
    Free Member

Alison what shock is it? Don’t suppose you fancy a swap for a 2011 Float R off my SC Butcher??

I guess you sold the Pitch I sold you? Why you selling the Heckler?

nmdbase
    Free Member

I recon around £600 with the DHX

flow
    Free Member

Yeah easily £600 with that shock.

I’d never value a new single pivot frame at 1099

bell end road by J@yk@y, on Flickr

nmdbase
    Free Member

😆

nmdbase
    Free Member

Infact you’d get £120 for the shock alone on Ebay

GolfChick
    Free Member

its the DHX5 coil, I have got a pushed DHX5 on it but James has bagsied that to swap on to his nomad and use the standard DHX to sell with mine.

Sold the Pitch ages ago, it was a little bit too big for me even though I loved it!

Selling because Im just not using it, things have changed I guess different enjoyments. I cant decide whether to strip the whole thing and sell everything in bits, sell all as one or just sell the frame and put a hardtail in its place. For what Im going to use it for now the components are just overkill tbh so seems mad to keep it all burning money when I could get a hardtail for £800ish and put the money towards somet else.

nmdbase
    Free Member

I’d be interested in the dhx coil 🙂 I have a float R if needed 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Seems schools are out. I’m guessing by the remarks you also own a heckler? Grow up.

I always go by the 50% of RRP on mountain bikes that have been used. Pampered roadbikes are different.

I also stand by my comment that no single pivot air-shocked frame is worth 1100 new. 899 was bang on the money and they ran that price point for over two years on the heckler.

Do you think I’d get 1500 on my turner 5spot ano frame then? (2099 RRP) Doubt it. I’d get half the RRP even though the frame is almost new IMO.

nmdbase
    Free Member

I always go by the 50% of RRP on mountain bikes that have been used

Doesn’t mean that it’s right though does it? I think you are hopeful 😉 You could get 2010 5 spots for £1100 not long ago new.

SBrock
    Free Member

I agree Hora – mind you he is a Five owner so you have to make allowances

hora
    Free Member

Nmbase one shop sold off their stock. The distributor didn’t offer a UK-wide price reduction 😉

04 Heckler owner for 2yrs here. Loved mine but even so I sold mine (rootbeer finish circa 1100) for 550 after 2yrs with a ti spring.

flow
    Free Member

I always go by the 50% of RRP on mountain bikes that have been used

I just sold a 2011 Five which was used for 6 months for £800 (£2050) off the retail price. By your reckoning it would only be worth £1425.

I bet you a tenner you can’t find one for sale anywhere for that price 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s entirely down the bike, and the offers out there from new.

Pivots are irrelevant. What makes a huge difference is deals from new and popularity.

People were mugging 5 spots out all over the place, and it’s crucified second hand values, same for Tracers, Mondrakers etc.

The 50% ‘rule’ is a load of tosh. Plenty of bikes go for far less & plenty go for considerably more.

nmdbase
    Free Member

I just sold a 2011 Five which was used for 6 months for £800 (£2050) off the retail price. By your reckoning it would only be worth £1425.

I’ll give you £1500 for your new bike 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

😕

Certainly agree with this though . . .

It’s entirely down the bike, and the offers out there from new.

Anyone familiar with my short-term test-piloting habits will know that I often have barely-used tiny frames (we’re talking no more than a couple of weeks’ old) on a well-known auction site. A couple of years ago I bought a lovely SC Bullit frame for full price – £1200 . . . after two weeks I decided it was just too much bike for me and sold it for considerably less (in fact I’m embarrassed to say exactly how much less – lets just say that the 50% rule wasn’t far off in this case 😳 ). I don’t regret the purchase, nor the sale – I’d buy another tomorrow and probably do exactly the same thing again but my finances aren’t quite what they were in 2009.

Even with super-low mileage, original packaging, receipts, etc, I still struggle to sell for much more than 50% RRP. I guess small frames don’t quite reach the same prices as more popular larger sizes. I sold a brand new, built but unridden, small Cove Handjob frame a couple of weeks ago for considerably less than a couple of very well-used 17″ers went for on eBay the previous week – as such I’d imagine a medium Heckler would fetch a pretty good price.

flow
    Free Member

I’ll give you £1500 for your new bike

You can borrow it

hora
    Free Member

Flow. Genuinely confused. You lost 800quid on a 2k bike? That’s good going. Or have I got that wrong??

ALL manufacturers suffer. Fives nose dive after a few years. You telling me 08 Five frames go for good money?

Especially after the last two years ridiculous price rises would you pay over a grand for a used frame? The Tracer is still a good frame as its got VPP2.

A Five or Heckler have abit of hydroforming and abit of gusseting. Not as good.

I’m looking to pay 350 tops for a heckler, patriot or cannondale single pivot frame for winter use. If I was looking at blur lt..Trek or specialized enduro I’d pay more wouldn’t i

nmdbase
    Free Member

£800 off of a £2850 bike

flow
    Free Member

No I lost £800 off a £2850 bike.

Fives don’t nose dive after a few years at all.

VPP2 doesn’t make it better, or worth more.

You will probably get a first generation Heckler frame for £350, no chance will you get a new Patriot frame for that much, maybe an ancient one.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Plenty of Patriots on eBay/SDH Hora for less than that . . . sadly no 14″ers though (prob for the best, eh?).

There you go – recent one too 8)

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Medium Santa cruz heckler’ is closed to new replies.