Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Medics please – broken nose?
  • andyl
    Free Member

A minor one in light of recent threads but the other half keeps telling me to go to the docs and I don’t see the point.

Working under the car with a friend on Sunday, back box (about 8-10kg) fell about 12″ straight onto my nose with my head on the gravel path. Nose gave a crack and bent round to the right but all bounced back straight and no nose bleed or bruising. I don’t really bruise much anyway and got punched in the nose lots in rugby scrums and never got a nose bleed.

Ever since I have had a thumping headache and pain around my left eye socket (especially the bottom) and want to close my eye. If I grip my nose just below the bulge I can pull the cartilage down and wiggle it and it clicks. Left nostril feels a bit swollen inside (can’t breathe through it properly).

Shall I just leave it for a a few more days and see how it goes? (and stop pulling it down and wiggling it?)

maccruiskeen

Ever since……

complete this well known phrase “If symptoms persist consult a ______________” 🙂

piemonster

might need a photo

wwaswas

Might need an X-ray. Broken eye socket?

McHamish
    Free Member

I broke my nose about a year ago (thai boxing sparring not a fight with a car)…

Mine was just wonky and needed to be straightened to make me pretty again, the key point was that if i could breath properly and i could live with it being wonky then i didn’t need it to be fixed. If I had trouble breathing then it needed to be looked at – can’t exactly remember why.

One of the pro fighters at the gym offered to fix it for me when i broke it as “that’s what the hospital will do anyway”, turns out the hospital stopped doing that as they decided it was barbaric.

I ended up on a gurney being put under general and beign operated on.

It’s a happy story though as I’m beautiful again!

andyl
    Free Member

Nothing to see really. Just looked and there is maybe a slight bruise around the bulgy bit. I guess it could just be dirt as I’ve not been able to scrub it very hard with swarfega (that well known skin exfoliator!)

Have fractured that eye socket before – in two places and I suppose it does feel similar.

McHamish – that kind of thing was the first thing that came into my head when it happened but it’s still perfectly straight.

Woody
    Free Member

Have fractured that eye socket before – in two places and I suppose it does feel similar.

Big clue there as to possible problem and as you’ve had a thumping headache for over 3 days, I would definitely recommend a trip to A+E.

voodoo_chile

Strap it up put gaffer tape around your head

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Medics please – broken nose?’ is closed to new replies.