Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • medicaltrackworld – bloat / wind / something else
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

As usual, make a big meal and pig out (loads of pasta and wine basically). Next day excruciating pain that seems to be something like what I guess is trapped wind. Depends on body position, relieved by “releasing gas” 😀 , but new to me is breathing in feel pressure against the lungs and pain. Thought it would go away and sort of did a bit, go on a regular night ride and felt better, light meal that night, next day sat at work and bang the excruciating pain and discomfort again. Following day seems better so go for a ride hoping riding will shake the trapped stuff out. Okay for a bit but once it got rooty it got very painful and difficult with breathing. Had to bail and head home.

Seem to feel bloated when this happens and been reading this can be pushing the diaphragm and whatnot against the lungs.

Now cutting back the pigging out on evening meals and rested today, seem much better but still not quite right. Now feels a bit like when I had my big smash and everything around he chest and back was sore, but breathing is generally okay taking deep breaths.

Wondering who else has had this kind of thing, and would it have been from the overeating, or could even be triggered from bike rides as been cranking up the ride distances and frequency recently.

Just concerned this may be something more. Of course Dr Google has me having all kinds of near death conditions 😀

Guess this is just what you have to deal with once you hit 40s. Freaky aches and pains you never used to get.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Acid Reflux?

project
    Free Member

Eat a load of fresh fruit , its possibly consipation, caused by impacted faecaes (Hard pooh)

hora
    Free Member

IBS?

Im not but I avoid pasta and big meals in the evening. Im a firm believer that as you get older you go through stagers and your tastes AND your calorie/diet tastes need adjusting.

Plus dont eat a big meal then lay down within a few hours.

globalti
    Free Member

Swallow two tablespoons of olive oil now. You’ll need to be near the bog in the morning as everything loosens up.

deadkenny
    Free Member

No acid stuff going on or not that I notice. Number 2s seem fine 😀

I do love Pasta dishes but have a habit of eating way too much of it and late at night. Had the odd bought of indigestion in the past but never lasts long and nothing really painful, but this was something else. The whole issue with breathing kind of freaked me out a bit and still concerns me there’s more to it. Will look at adjust my eating habits, see where that goes.

Annoyance also is I’m finding curry more of a struggle now. Not the spice but the digestion. My favourite dish! I do similarly overdo it though.

scaredypants

have you had any alien hatchlings attached to your face lately ?

Gowrie
    Free Member

Could you have a yeast overgrowth of your gut? If you have then I’m told large carbohydrate meals feed the yeast resulting in excessive amounts of gas and consequential colic.
    There is a lot of semi scientific mumbo jumbo doing the rounds about the gut and how it works. This post may be part of that.

ninfan
    Free Member

Classic symptoms of gluten intolerance…

catfood
    Free Member

Have you ever had any abdominal surgery or had your appendix out?

chickenman

I know a few guys in their 50s who suffer similarly (as do I). I always used to be able to eat my fill, eat as much again and never get indigestion or put on weight. No I have to eat moderately and if I do pig out I need to eat tiny amounts for 3 days.
    There are people who are gluten intolerant and a whole lot more aren’t, but think they are (and piss off anyone who has to feed them!)

Nipper99
    Free Member

I had the same – I have a hiatus hernia which does as sorts of weird things.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hiatus Hernia was a thought as my Dad has that. Think he gets acid reflux with that but it’s stomach pushing through diaphragm uncomfortableness stuff I think.

No past history aside from bust back and oddly now getting back pain with pressure feeling a bit that’s almost the same as when the back was bust. Maybe I’ve set something off.

The gluten thing has been shown recently to be a bit of a trendy thing to avoid gluten thinking it’s healthy and yet turns out they aren’t benefitting at all, unless they are truly gluten intolerant.

johnners
    Free Member

I do love Pasta dishes but have a habit of eating way too much of it and late at night.

I’m not a doctor so it’s a total puzzle to me how this could result in postprandial discomfort. I suppose it’s one of those mysteries we may never be able to figure out.

DrP

Let me turn to page 24 of the “medics guide to gastric symptoms”:

I’m AM a doctor so this probably could result in postprandial discomfort. I suppose it’s one of those mysteries we may never be able to figure out.

DrP

(clearly it’s 8 am so I’m drunk and hang gliding, so nothing I type is related to proper medical advice. You happy GMC? well…ARE YOU??!!)

lesgrandepotato

Tactical Shart required.

dmorts

I do love Pasta dishes but have a habit of eating making way too much of it

Fixed that for you. Kitchen scales are your friend for pasta. For rice, find and use a suitably sized mug.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘medicaltrackworld – bloat / wind / something else’ is closed to new replies.