Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • medicaltrackworld – beta blockers?
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member

So do they make your hands cold?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

not if you wear gloves 😆
    as someone who used to use them for a while I would recommend you root out the source of your need to use them….

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Mick – fibrillation and stuff, so the beta blockers aren’t optional.

Cold hands as in get in the car after doing stuff: hands are still cold thirty mins later. Cold hands riding with gloves and liners, and the rest of me well wrapped up, multi-layered. Bearing in mind the old adage: if your feet are cold, put your hat on.

Anyone else?

seba560
    Free Member

No, I has no problems like this but my dose of Propranolol was 2X10mg tablets 3 times per day, quite low I think. Now I get to take them on an as needed basis, which is nice.
    Better speaking to a real Doc though.

benjamins11
    Free Member

Beta blockers will cause peripheral vasoconstriction, its one of their side effects. You could perhaps use a calcium channel blocker such as verapamil or diltiazem for rate control if its AF your using them for.

A small dose of amlodipine might help – which causes a bit of peripheral vasodilation provided your blood pressure will stand it if you are already on the beta blocker.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Thanks Ben, no obvious easy answer then, and I’m already on quite a mix of meds for AF and TIA. But now I can assume it’s the b-b’s problem, and either live with it or work on it. And will mention to my GP next time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘medicaltrackworld – beta blockers?’ is closed to new replies.