Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Medical advice needed – blood from the nose.
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

My daughter is 4 so not many meds ca be used.
    Yesterday she had a high temperature, gave her Calpol, she was fine if a bit quieter. The night was difficult, she had difficulty sleeping between 10pm and 1.30am. After that she slept like a log. This morning she woke up and her nose is bleeding a bit. It’s like snot with blood but runny.
    I phoned our GP, he said he can’t do anything as: “kids get ill at times” (his words). I’m peed off with him, will change the practice as he’s been useless too many times but in the meantime? What can I do? She isn’t eating, drinks a bit of water only.
    BTW There’s a head,mouth and hand virus at her creche (whatever that HMH virus is).

wisepranker
    Free Member

If your GP is that bad, take the kid to your nearest NHS walk in centre and change your GP.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’m not in UK, Ireland is similar but different at times. The problem is they tend to give you paracetamol or antibiotics. Could it be a lack of vitamins or some minerals?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I doubt lack of vitamins would cause nose bleeds. She gets a balanced diet surely?

Can you call NHS Direct or visit the website?

But TBH I don’t think I would be worried – perhaps she just had some congestion and the pressure in her sinuses caused a light bleed.

(Father of twin 1yr olds who have been awake since 1am puking every 30 minutes and haven’t seen a doc with them – too busy washing and rewashing bedding and babies). Glad to be at work now :-[

midlifecrashes

I think your GP is right this time, kids get ill at times and an odd nosebleed here and there is par for the course. I’d be more worried about the HMH virus one of the paediatric consultants at the creche has concocted. Keep trying the fluids and keep an eye on her.

We once had a really bad outbreak of Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes at ours. All the kids were making weird noises, having sweats, getting dizzy and then collapsing in a heap.

scaredypants

We once had a really bad outbreak of Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes at ours

😆

OP – Hand, foot & mouth maybe ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So what TF is this hands, feet, knees and mouth and toes everyone is talking about???????? Never heard of this one.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

How is she now? Chirpy and playing or clingy and not.

Thats always my test after a bad night/fever etc.

Cougar

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

I thought it was something to do with this…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym0lCDkVwig[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

This morning she woke up and her nose is bleeding a bit. It’s like snot with blood but runny

Fairly normal with colds, isn’t it? I get it sometimes. Inflamed nasal linings.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Right, several things here. It was Hand, Foot and Mouth that I meant. Secondly, the bleeding has stopped, she’s running a snot factory at the moment. The high temperature’s gone too, Calpol and fresh sausages together are working. She’s watching Scooby Doo now, must feel fine then.
    I’m knackered though, time to get some sleep now.
    Thanks, I probably panicked a bit this morning.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Medical advice needed – blood from the nose.’ is closed to new replies.