Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Media streaming options
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve just cancelled my Sky subscription (literally, 10 minutes ago).

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now to find the best way of watching Eurosport player: I’m thinking either a Roku or Amazon solution. I don’t want to stream from my phone so I’d prefer a standalone bit of kit (i.e. not a Chromecast or similar).

Any recommendations?

stevomcd
    Free Member

You probably know this, but with a Chromecast, you’re not streaming from your phone, you’re just using your phone as a remote control. As soon as you start watching on your TV, you can turn your phone off, do something else with it, whatever.

You can also stream via Chromecast from a tablet, PC, etc.

woody74

Amazon Fire Stick works well. Not sure if Eurosport is on it but a NOW TV box is good and super cheap.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bear-uk
    Free Member

Kodi on the phone/laptop/tablet with sports devil and stream through the Chromecast.
    Same with Showbox.

hugo
    Free Member

I use a chrome cast and can’t fault it.

£30, plug it in, done.

mikey74
    Free Member

Ah, that makes sense Stevo, thanks.

I haven’t looked to those others but I’ll check them out.

mikey74
    Free Member

Bump!

rossburton
    Free Member

Of course if you’re cancelling Sky on a moral mission to rid Murdoch of your money (fair enough, in my opinion) then NOWTV isn’t really an option as that’s just Sky-over-Internet.

Check the app listing on the Roku site but their stuff is generally pretty good.

40mpg

We’ll be doing this soon. I assume for Eurosport you need to subscribe to Eurosport player – about £4 a month?

Chromecast works great, but ours only lasted about 3 months and wouldn’t connect to WiFi again after a power outage

mikey74
    Free Member

Yep, Eurosport Player is £4.99 if you sign up for 12 months. £6.99 for a rolling contract.

mikey74
    Free Member

So, does anyone use Eurosport Player on Roku, Chromecast, Amazon or similar?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Media streaming options’ is closed to new replies.