Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Media streaming
  • It’s all new to me, but just started streaming music via wi-fi from my laptop, through the XBox to my amp.

Going to get myself an ‘N’ series router so I can do HD vids/movies etc properly, as my current one is bobbins.

Who streams what and via what equipment – and also what are the pros and cons of various systems?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Squeezeboxes, X-Box 360 and PS3 at the moment. Netgear ReadyNas Duo.

Planning on some new kit this year and CAT5e infrastructure is slowly taking shape in my house.

I was looking at the Pocorn Hour C-200 and adding a Blueray and a HDD. A lot of money to spend if it’s pants tho.

Also hoping we might see some HD PVR’s with not just net streaming ability, but local streaming and uploading from/to a NAS.

Streaming hasn’t hit the mainstream yet, but it will in some shape or form sooner or later.

Have you scoped out the news from CES? LG have an interesting product on the way.

maxray
    Free Member

My Sony bravia works via dlna so I can stream from my desktop, laptop or phone to it. Use jamcast to allow me to stream spotify too.

@ Spongebob – do you use Zune on the XBox and if so what are your thoughts/experiences?

uplink
    Free Member

Netgear NAS Duo & a couple of Sumvision MKV IIs here – streams HD without bother

Only getting 1.8Mbs D/L speed here – will that be sufficient?

BoardinBob

Tversity and an xbox 360. Works perfectly

Xylene
    Free Member

Tversity for in house streaming

Yeah, been told about Tversity and will try it for sure – I don’t have any D/L content moviewise atm, just music, so thinking along the lines of streaming HD movies when I mentioned Zune.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Also hoping we might see some HD PVR’s with not just net streaming ability, but local streaming and uploading from/to a NAS

This Dune HD Max looks rather good, I’ve seen it on ebay for £469. Heres a review I haven’t read all of it but it looks you can add dvb-t\s cards and can record TV. It can stream from a NAS but maybe not upload, unless you specify the location for recordings to a network drive.

Anyway looks interesting…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Media streaming’ is closed to new replies.