Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Media Players…can anyone offer any advice please…?
  • takisawa2

Our car has a built-in DVD system with mini screens in the headrests…
    Now its a complete pain-in-the-arse playing DVD’s for the kids on it because everytime you re-start the engine the DVD has to re-start.
    So I’m looking for some kind of device for playing films etc. It has the red/yellow/white sockets, & the screens switch to an AV input so I’m thinking it must be possible to connect an external player of some sort. I’d also prefer something with a hard disk / memory card storage to save having to keep burning & carrying DVD’s around.

Can anyone recommend something suitable ?

PT

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Go to second hand shop.
    Buy a load of books.
    Put in car.
    When all books are read, take to S/H shop and swap for new ones.

Sorted!

See, I’ve saved you money, there.

surfer
    Free Member

If you power it from the 12v in the car then that would go off also when you turn off the ignition.

clubber
    Free Member

“When all books are read, take to S/H shop and swap for new ones.”

And also bin the car because it’s covered in vomit caused by travel sickness induced by reading in the car… 😉

There are loads of portable DVD players out there that should do what you want for under £100

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t you swap the 12V supply to the constant one so it doesn’t go off?

takisawa2

I was thinking along the lines of one of these ipod things that has a small video screen. That should have a battery built in that could be charged from the car but not rely on the car to work. It would be better with a screen because then we could see what was on the rear screens for selecting what programs etc to play. Not sure if you can just play AVI files for instance, or if an ipod can be played through an external screen.

RudeBoy the boys are aged 3 & 18 months. Books with more words than pictures are not really their thing yet.

DezB
    Free Member

There is such a thing:
    Ebay

surfer
    Free Member

I bought one from Ebuyer a couple of years ago and the kids love it. Turning off and on isnt an issue as it doesnt get used on short journeys. It was a life saver when we drove to Austria skiing and on a couple of trips to NW France.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Media Players…can anyone offer any advice please…?’ is closed to new replies.