Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mechanictrackworld- Seat Leon engine issue
  • Leigh2612
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    Wondering if someone can give any pointers? My local mechanic is being “less timely”….
    My 2007 Seat Leon (2.0 diesel) starts fine from cold, but if it stalls or is stopped for a short period will take maybe 4-6 attempts to start up. When it doesn’t take it sounds like it is starting buy then dies/ fades out.
    It can be quite frustrating!!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Leigh

demelitia
    Free Member

Not my suggestions, I’ve just asked my old man; ‘ crankshaft sensor fault, injector fault maybe’. He says it might be as a result of a starter motor issue; some VAG engines don’t fire the injectors when the engine is warm until its up to speed off the starter. If the starter isn’t as good as it can be it won’t be able to get it spinning fast enough. Trying a few times might be giving it enough time to cool down making them fire.
    Unplugging the coolant temp sensor bypasses the problem and might help you point a finger more accurately.
    He’s going to ask his old apprentice who’s still in the trade for some more accurate/up to date info. If I hear anymore I’ll post up.

Edit: he’s mentioned a relay that often fails in vag engines but he’s not sure how long/which years it was an issue for, or if it ever got fixed from the factory at all. He’s going to be suggesting stuff all night now, I may have to turn my phone off to get any sleep…

sammysquid
    Free Member

if you google tdi 2.0 hot start issue
    you will find shed lots of threads on it, there is mention of all sorts of crap but I think the basic point is the starters are weak and for most people they solve it so that would be my first call…. if not then maybe a sensor
    do you have vcds? or are u local to notts?

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Cheers for the tips guys, much appreciated.
    I don’t have vcds but having looked it up I imagine he will..! I shall start by looking up starter motors. It’s been (touch wood!!) Pretty hassle free for about 8 years so I can’t complain too much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mechanictrackworld- Seat Leon engine issue’ is closed to new replies.