Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mech Hanger Emergency
  • disben

So just cycled home from work and my gear hanger has just snapped (Scandal). Normally would think, oh – weekend off riding. However doing a 45 mile charity ride tomorrow and kind of need some gears / cant run my bike single speed easily as have dual shifters (ie worried that I might accidentally change gear etc)…

So – has anyone got a spare Scandal Mech Hanger available, who lives within 20 miles or so from Northwood (North West London) or anywhere between junction 18 and 5 on the M25 (Anti Clockwise) who is willing to sell it to me….?

Riding out of near J5 on the M25 tomorrow morning at 9.30…

Looking at borrowing alternative bikes but would rather ride my bike!

andyl
    Free Member

can still single speed. Just use the limit screws on your front mech to stop you shifting the front.

gazc
    Free Member

no hanger but maybe try your lbs in the morning for one of those wheels manufacturing emergency hangers?

Northwind

Halfords. No really! The Carrera/Apollo rear hanger which they should have in any bikehut fitted my old Scandal. And they’re cheap, too. Check in the rack of spare parts in the wee blue bags.

spacemonkey

Having snapped about four hangers in the past I always make sure to carry at least one as a spare. Sod’s law dictates your LBS (or nearest dealer at the time) doesn’t have stock and you’ll be waiting 2-3 days.

disben

Thankyou for the suggestions – due to the time limitations I borrowed a bike… was a good option except it was a medium, and I am normally on a 21″ XL….. Even a larger seatpost and some adjustments to the handlebars left the bike small and cramped. After 10 miles I was in a little pain and had a lot of cramp near the end!

Anyway, 45 miles, one close encounter with a very large deer, one puncture and a nice burger and chips on the sea front, we completed the charity ride!

Now to purchasing some replacement gear hangers!

Trampus
    Free Member

Well done!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mech Hanger Emergency’ is closed to new replies.