Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Meat Washing
  • giant_scum
    Free Member

My SIL washes meat before cooking,she is a GP. I thought it was a very strange thing to do henceforth I don’t wash my meat!

hels
    Free Member

Washing meat ? Madness, why would anybody do that ? Although I don’t even wash vegetables more because I can’t be arsed. Very careful with food storage and cleaning boards and utensils.

I got a lecture off a family member recently for not washing veg – same person who is notorious for never washing their hands after the toilet. Took all my self control not to shout that one back and ruin Christmas !

IHN

same person who is notorious for never washing their hands after the toilet

Maybe they don’t wee or poo on their hands?

zbonty

Does chicken breast in warm water for emergency de-frosting count as washing?
    If so guilty.

Billed mince!! Ha ha ha!

richmtb

I’d wash a whole poultry carcass, Cuts of meat why would you?

bruk

Never washed meat. V odd thing to do.

However don’t think wiping hands with wipes is that bad an idea if out walking in the country and livestock is around. Friends daughter developed very nasty diarrhoea later confirmed as E Coli. Most likely cause eating picnic when on group walk in lake district and contamination from livestock.

Keep hands clean before eating at least.

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe they don’t wee or poo on their hands?

Where is the fun in that?

IHN

However don’t think wiping hands with wipes is that bad an idea if out walking in the country and livestock is around.

Keep hands clean before eating at least.

Meh, I dunno. I’ve never bothered (apart from when I worked on a farm and my hands were literally covered in sh1t) and I ain’t dead yet.

theblackmount
    Free Member

I’d wash a fish after gutting it but that’s it.

There was a guy on another thread putting ice in his malt whisky – stw is full of weirdos

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Meat Washing’ is closed to new replies.