Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Meat socks
  • zilog6128

If he didn’t care what people thought of him, he’d be wearing jeans and a teeshirt, or any other stuff you can buy in every clothes shop or supermarket in the world.

He doesn’t give a toss what you think about him (you are boring so your opinion is meaningless to him) just as long as you are thinking/talking about him. Mission accomplished, I’d say. 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

Whilst we may look down on fashionistas, we’ll be wearing what next year they’re wearing this year 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

i can already hear the impatient angst ridden stamping of activity sandals and the rustle of beige action slacks

They would express their displeasure if only they could get their phones out of the Next cargo pants leg pocket quick enough.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

mintimperial – Member
    : make the most of it and dress up like a tit before the universe crushes you into a Marks and Sparks suit and tie like every bastard else out there. Run free, little hipster!

Exactly. I think it’s brilliant he dresses like that ! I used to go to Brick lane just to look at people like that because it was so entertaining. More of this sort of thing!

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

what did it say on his hat?

‘Accountant’–they’re very competitive when it comes to Dress-down Friday

nealglover
    Free Member

He doesn’t give a toss what you think about him (you are boring so your opinion is meaningless to him) just as long as you are thinking/talking about him. Mission accomplished, I’d say.

That’s pretty much what I meant. (Possibly badly explained though)

He cares that other people have an opinion on what he’s wearing.

Good or bad doesn’t matter, as long as they are noticing him.

For some reason You’ve presumed that i don’t like and that I’m “boring”

For what it’s worth, I think it’s great.

Those leggings would go brilliantly with my coral coloured safety boots at work.

nealglover
    Free Member

He doesn’t give a toss what you think about him (you are boring so your opinion is meaningless to him) just as long as you are thinking/talking about him. Mission accomplished, I’d say.

That’s pretty much what I meant. (Possibly badly explained though)

He cares that other people have an opinion on what he’s wearing.

Good or bad doesn’t matter, as long as they are noticing him.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s great.

Those leggings would go brilliantly with my coral coloured safety boots at work.

cinnamon_girl

Jeez, were none of you moaners ever a teenager then? Have you always dressed sensibly? Or do you just have short memories?

Go that bloke! 😆

zilog6128

lol, just assuming that pretty much everyone on here (myself included) is “boring” compared to this guy! Happy to be corrected. Please do post a pic 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I think I would rather go for a pint with this gentleman, than someone wearing red trousers.

DezB
    Free Member

just assuming that pretty much everyone on here (myself included) is “boring” compared to this guy!

Can you tell that he’s actually interesting, just because he dresses stupidly? Maybe he’s compensating for the lack of a personality.

konabunny
    Free Member

I think I would rather go for a pint with this gentleman, than someone wearing red trousers.

Why is it that people who wear red trousers are always bellends?

cinnamon_girl

Why is it that IT people who wear red trousers are always bellends?

😆

IdleJon

MrSmith – Member
    That’s one of the things I like about London, weird shit like that goes on and nobody bats an eyelid.
    I guess they are a bit more broad minded down here than Dumfries and Galloway.

That’s not really true. In London they do bat an eyelid but, being too scared to have any sort of communication with any stranger, they won’t say a word. The other people in that carriage would merely bottle it up until they got home and tell their loved ones, “You’ll never guess what I saw today..”

If this bloke had been on a bus in Swansea (or Dumfries or wherever) you can bet that he’d be in the middle of a conversation about where he got those leggings, or whatever. Or maybe a fight, depending on the time of night… 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

In London they do bat an eyelid but, being too scared to have any sort of communication with any stranger, they won’t say a word.

But would obviously take a sly photo and post it on a forum/Facebook afterwards to mock.

Just like in this case.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Can you tell that he’s actually interesting, just because he dresses stupidly? Maybe he’s compensating for the lack of a personality.

..and it’s cheaper than a caravan

MrSmith
    Free Member

If this bloke had been on a bus in Swansea (or Dumfries or wherever) you can bet that he’d be in the middle of a conversation about where he got those leggings, or whatever. Or maybe a fight, depending on the time of night…

Or like that poor girl in Lancaster, beaten to death for being a goth.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FWIW, I am currently sporting les pantalons rouge.

JulianA
    Free Member

Good on you CFH. We like that sort of thing round here. I’ll have pint with you any time… Red Lion maybe?

Jamie – Freeloader! But we still like him

Well I don’t think we were offering Jamie a pint anyway, were we?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member
    Houns

I’m also wearing red trousers, well more of a dark salmon colour

thegreatape
    Free Member

Am I the only one who wishes the chap on the tube an enjoyable stag night and the best of luck for his imminent nuptials?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Julian, was there for a cheeky pint in the sun just the other day! Tomato plants were looking very good out the back.

The blonde barmaid, by the way. Assume that you’ve noticed…….

Let me know when you’re next in the hood!

piemonster

However much effort that fellas put into his look.

It’s dwarfed by a serious Goths effort. Barely any make up. 4/10.

samuri
    Free Member

what a load of tedious middle-aged IT managers think of him.

Can I just ask? Were any of the posters prior to that comment, Middle aged It managers?

JulianA
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Julian, was there for a cheeky pint in the sun just the other day! Tomato plants were looking very good out the back.

The blonde barmaid, by the way. Assume that you’ve noticed…….

Let me know when you’re next in the hood!

Haven’t been in since last Friday night when I popped in to book table for a week or so hence.

Not sure if the barmaid to whom you refer was there that night… I had been imbibing some rather delightful beer that was in a French supermarket just a few days before and might not have been as alert as usual. Can’t speak for the tomato plans, either, I’m afraid.

Next in the hood? I live here…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Intriguing!

What do you ride? If you see a teal Enduro or a red and black Brompton, it’s almost certainly me!

Also, hearing interesting rumours re the White Hart.

JulianA
    Free Member

Hey CFH, I don’t ride any more (after MrsJulianA’s serious head injury) I just enjoy the banter here – and trying to help out with some occasional travel / botany / ornithological / aeronautical info (loved the chat about the Staggerwing recently).

I’ll look out for the bikes you describe and say hi if I see you.

Haven’t heard anything about the White Hart recently – sad waste the way it is at the moment, although it’s never been a decent pub since we’ve been in the village (around nine years). Did have a good Thai meal quite a few years ago but nothing since then.

The Red Lion’s the only game in the village food-wise for us, although the Watership’s reasonable these days. Looking forward to seeing what happens re a certain gin mill!

Bike show and fly-in at Popham on 16/17 August, by the way. Usually some nice aircraft there even if you don’t like bikes…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing what happens re a certain gin mill!

You mean that you haven’t had your tap installed yet? 😉

If not the bikes, you’ll know Little Miss CFH when you see her! Chirpy little blonde bundle of awesomeness who says hello to everyone!

JulianA
    Free Member

Was wondering about tapping one of the vats and running a line up the river. I thought a decent head of gin would counteract the difference in height between there and here…!

We’ll meet soon, I guess!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Julian, this may be hard to believe, but I think I met your sister in Oxford the other day. Assuming that you have a sister who lives in Oxford. One who had lost her cat at the time

Ask her about the chap in a smart suit that she met at a bus stop…..She knows how to get in touch with me!

Small world. Or is this all some strange TV show set up?

nealglover
    Free Member

…..She knows how to get in touch with me!

Easy now…. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

I must say that this thread hasn’t turned out as I expected!

JulianA
    Free Member

Quite the coincidence, CFH! I do have a sister who lives in Oxford. I thought it was probably you that she was talking about when she mentioned that she’d met someone who lived in this village and confirmed a few other details that matched up with things that you have mentioned on here.

I’ll get her to send me some contact details – or you can email me: vdub1992 at hotmail dot co dot uk.

It would be good to have a pint or two!

Cheers

Julian

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

INCOMING!

🙂

JulianA
    Free Member

I’m pleased to be able to confirm that the cat in question is no longer AWOL but has been reunited with his human!

He seems to have been stuck in a garage or similar – he was very hungry and very pleased to be home when he returned.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am already aware of the cat situation. Do try and keep up! 😉

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Meat socks’ is closed to new replies.