Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Measuring tools for PDF formatted drawings
  • pedropete

Any one know of any free add-on tool/app which enables you to measure length, area, volume etc from an architectural/engineering drawing that is in PDF format?
    Just so you know, the drawing is sent to me in this format, i.e, not created by me & I have no access to CAD etc, I just need to be able to scale off the drawings without having to print or convert to another format.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Problem is pdf is essentially an a1 or whatever printout of the CAD you’d need to scale…

If they can send you a dwf you’d bd sorted by using design review or a more basic dwg viewer.

But why are there no dimensions? I spend alot of time drafting and making sure no one needs to scale anything as that way madness lies.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Reread your op.

You might be able to open pdfs in design review (autodesk product and free)

MoreCashThanDash

Scale rule and one or two check measurements on site?

pedropete

Thanks, I’ll look at that. I would say the majority of drawings that I review are undimensioned ( if that’s a word), or have very few & usually the critical dimension I’m after will be on a section, to check a span etc, hence the need for a measuring tool.

numbnut
    Free Member

Autodesk Design Review is what you need.

I’m using it at the moment to measure an RC frame…. 🙄

pedropete

Lovely, thanks. Don’t suppose there’s an app version that’ll work on an iPad, for when I’m out & about? I’m pushing for my employer to provide a Surface Pro but stuck with the iPad at the moment 😕

joshvegas
    Free Member

numbnut – Member
    Autodesk Design Review is what you need.
    I’m using it at the moment to measure an RC frame….

Keep up at the back

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Measuring tools for PDF formatted drawings’ is closed to new replies.