Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Measuring correct chairing/sprocket sizing for belt drive on a Dialled Love/Hate
  • waliboy

I’ve committed to trialling the belt drive option on my Dialled Love/Hate since having had a seat stay splitter fitted a wee while ago.

I currently have the bike in use only as a 29er wheeled commuter and am running a 32t chainring with 12t sprocket at the back. This seems to work well for me (and my legs) in and around Edinburgh so I’d like to re-create the same ratio if possible with the Gates CDX Centertrack system. The old RaceFace cranks I’m running are 5 bolt 130mm BCD and ideally I don’t want to have to buy a new set so that means that I think I’d be looking at the 46t 5 bolt Gates CDX sprocket at the front. If that is the case can anyone advise on how I calculate the right size sprocket for the rear so that I can get the same ratio as the 32:12 I currently have (or as close as possible) and also how I go about measuring and selecting the correct belt length too?!

Any help would be much appreciated.

waliboy

Right, done a bit of helping myself and actually used the Gates tool which seems helpful. Looks like I’ll be struggling to match the 32:12 set up but a 50t front sprocket and 20t sprocket on the rear with a 113t belt should be close enough.

I’ll re-post with a picture or two and a review of how it goes in the next few weeks.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the love hate is a 26 er how are you running it as a 29 er?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

^^^^^
    This!

waliboy

29er wheels with 40mm Vittoria Randonneur tyres and a Surly 1×1 fork 453mm (100mm suspension corrected version) up front and it works just fine.

It was re-sprayed after the splitter was fitted by the most excellent services of Ben Cooper at Kinetics in Glasgow hence there being a lack of decals but I rather like the un-branded look.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pp2rwU]Dialling in the commuter[/url] by chaipossible, on Flickr

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Retro- fitted rack mounts?
    Nice!

waliboy

Yes, those too. Still need to revert to 26″ wheels (and more sensible bars) for off-road single speeding but it’s worth the swapping of parts in my opinion as it is a great frame.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

They are!! I love mine..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nice – just checked mine – the MK2 though – and there is not much clearance in the chain stays even with a skinny tyre – must be a tight fir and you wont get a MTB tyre in there

That is all kinds of wrong there but somehow it does work

oxym0r0n

I like it 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Measuring correct chairing/sprocket sizing for belt drive on a Dialled Love/Hate’ is closed to new replies.