Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Meanwhile in NZ…
  • tang
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8qa4wk5F58#t=642[/video]

My mate who won this event linked this vid. We had a chat before xmas and he said the trails were pretty good. All that dust and what looked like a cracking event – I’d take ‘pretty good’ right now!

Kahurangi

Your mate’s Jamie Nicholl??

No, it was too dusty. I had a wee stack on the first saturday section when the trail was too loose, my front wheel slid out, I over corrected and the front wheel tucked in then OTB I went.

There’s also a shot of someone going very loose on a dusty corner. That corner came at you after a really fast straight section (Anton Cooper hit 70 kmh on it) and I very nearly shot over the edge 😯

The steps off Mt Cargill really were nuts. Very deep and with big wheel-catching wooden edges.

Loads of fun, shame about the rain towards the end. And sham about the urban prologue – I couldn’t make it down in time after work 🙁

tang
    Free Member

Yes he is. We had him here in the UK after the EWS finished, old friends of many from these parts. It’s biblical rain here, and the thought of dust is a good one, if a little way off! Those steps looked pretty endless, just waiting to snatch a wheel!

Kahurangi

Nice 8)

The steps were ok… I’d would be saying otherwise but I managed to save myself from a OTB on them. A reassuring number pushed down 😀

I could send you some dust in the post in exchange for some jelly babies?

BearBack
    Free Member

Bear Back Biking guide Skilli 2 mins back in 9th!
    Cool looking event with the mix of town and trail.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Meanwhile in NZ…’ is closed to new replies.