Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Meanwhile, down a back street in Bury : Flying Scotsman content
  • binners

Cool! I’ll get to see it chuffing past at the weekend. I have to say that the steam trains provide the best soundtrack to the weekend possible. I love ’em! And the big diesel’s

mintimperial

Ace.

First time I took our lad to the NRM just happened to be the day they brought Flying Scotsman out of the workshop before they started pulling it apart completely for the major repairs. It looked very impressive sat on the turntable. We’ve seen bits of it in various states of disassembly in the works since then, so it’ll be good to see it all in one piece again, and brilliant if it actually steams properly.

(The boy’s pretty much over trains, it’s all dinosaurs now, but I’m damn well taking him back to see Scotsman once it’s back whether he likes it or not.) 🙂

duncancallum

We should do a pub/ride thing some where we can see it

Harry_the_Spider

I think that they park it in a garage.

project
    Free Member

So much of it has been replaced or swopped with other engines of the same class, its had so many different colours, the only thing its kept is its shape and probably name plate.

But it was a classic piece of heavy engineering, and hopefully will make more kids go into an engineering trade , when its back in steam, it seems to have some magical property that makes it exciting.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing it run, just hope it’s close (ish)
    I’m at the age where I remember seeing it blast through Durham station when I was a kid.
    A big steam engine at full tilt is as exciting to behold as a Vulcan at take off!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Meanwhile, down a back street in Bury : Flying Scotsman content’ is closed to new replies.