Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Mean drunks – who makes 'em?
  • samuri
    Free Member

There should be some sort of regulation, really. Some sort of test, where you drink 4 pints and then someone bangs into you on purpose, your reaction then dictates how much you can ever drink at one time.

But why are some people mean drunks who start fights and glass people who look at their girlfriend and why are some people not really much different from their normal self, albeit perhaps a bit louder and more obnoxious?

Alcohol remove inhibitions so is everyone whose a mean drunk really a nasty MF underneath? That's a lot of nasty people as far as I can see.
    Who here is a mean drunk? Own up. What's the correlation?

Beards? Glasses? Lack of glasses? Short? Born in a provincial Northern town? What?

For the record, I've not been drunk for a great many years because I hate the after effects but when I did drink too much, I would apparently, become fairly annoying at times, but not in any aggressive way, just by being loud and opinionated.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Alcohol is meant to be a mood enhancer isnt it? I personally find that if I go out feeling angry, beer makes it worse. if I go out feeling happy beer makes it better.

spacemonkey

I had a confrontation with one in a supermarket queue yesterday evening. He was a particularly nasty, ignorant, foul-mouthed insubordinate who made a complete pr1ck of himself. I so wanted to clobber him, but thought better of it given the locale – plus I kind of pittied him. Still a pr1ck thought …

Kevevs
    Free Member

I can become more of an asshole at times when drunk, go figure! don't get nasty though. Barriers just come down I suppose.

toys19
    Free Member

I become a cuddly piss taker..

meehaja
    Free Member

I do wonder if mean drunks are just mean people, but drunk? To be honest, when I'm drunk I become opinionated, tell elaborate and boring stories and am rude to people as i think it's funny. The only difference when I'm sober is I know its inappropriate behaviour and try not to be those things!

andy7t2
    Free Member

for me its about what i drink

i don't mix well with Stella and become a prick while for my brother he can drink loads of stella and still be a happy chappy but give him some whiskey and the gloves are off

convert

Its great, I react to alcohol like others do on weed – mellow and giggly. I've never understood how others are different. I guess the other thing is I never go (or went) "proper out" unless i was in the mood for it. If you are a **** who reacts badly to booze and you are in a bad mood, you should probably stay at home.

beej

+1 for coffeeking (good name).

If I'm happy, I'm a very happy drunk. If I'm a bit down, I'm a moody drunk. I've never been mean though.

monkeychild
    Free Member

The problem is soem folk are not just purely drinking. There are those taking columbian marching powder as well as boozing which makes a very cheerful combination.

allthepies
    Free Member

>Alcohol remove inhibitions so is everyone whose a mean drunk really a nasty MF underneath?

+

>I would apparently, become fairly annoying at times, but not in any aggressive way, just by being loud and opinionated.

Q.E.D

Jamie
    Free Member

Why don't you all just **** off? *hic*

*staggers off*

Jamie
    Free Member

*staggers back*

You're my best mate you are!

*falls over in bush*

iDave
    Free Member

alcohol dis-inhibits

so people act how they really are. normal societal conventions tends to restrict the cockend behaviour to forums and traffic jams. throw in some booze and inner twunt comes out to play. no one is surprised, the signs were all there before – we know you're bitter and unfulfilled…

when i'm drunk i'm more laid back and even more humourous – so I tell myself

samuri
    Free Member

Q.E.D

Really? Wow, what an eye opener.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I'm more mean sober…….

psling
    Free Member

I used to think I was the World's greatest lover when I imbibed too much, much to the annoyance of my partners of the time since my attentions always seemed to be elsewhere… so, no truth in the real person shining through then 8)

These days if I'm foolish enough to have more than one or two drinks I'm generally ill for a week or two 😥

Kuco

GrahamS

I don't really trust someone until I've seen them pissed, as I think it can reveal a lot about someone's true nature.

I never trust tee totallers as they clearly have something to hide. (Same as folk with beards).

RustySpanner

I used to have a really long beard.
    I have nothing to hide, but it broke up the monotony of my face.

I don't trust people who don't trust people who don't drink or have beards. 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

i never don't not trust anyone who isn't not untrustworthy with or without a non-beard

slimtubing
    Free Member

I get drunk about 4 times a year nowadays and do my best to curb that number as I'm hopeless the following day, i tend to get a bit more cheeky/ insulting and probably a bit lecherous so its no bad thing that its reduced to a quarterly occurance.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I'm a right bellend when I'm drunk. In my younger years I was a beer enthusiast and consequently there were a few 'public order issues' that make me cringe now when I think about them… which I why I rarely touch the stuff. Just the odd social pint and a glass or two at Christmas really.

Lessons learned and that.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Mean nasty people are the problem, the booze is just the catalyst. I feel sorry for them and their miserable little lives!

Talkemada
    Free Member

If you're going to be violent, it's much better to be sober, as you have far greater control and effectiveness.

zaskar
    Free Member

When I used to get tipsy I'd just laugh all the time with friends but I have seen others get violent.

I don't drink anymore-makes hills easier to climb and I stay away from clubs due to the violence-as I'm sick of yobs giving abuse to anyone.

shermer75
    Free Member

"I'm just a bloody normal bloke who likes a bit of torture"

westkipper
    Free Member

You cant always generalise though,
    One of my workmates is a bit of a hairtrigger Muirhoose psychopath, always spoiling for a confrontation, with anyone!, and yet…
    … the times I've been for a drink with him, he gets pished really quick and turns into a calm,though a bit crosseyed, easygoing good guy.
    I kind of wish we could keep him topped up at work!, It would save us a bit of trouble trying to get him away from the boss, before he does something daft.

backhander
    Free Member

I develop tourettes syndrome and can get loud but not abusive.
    I'm a pretty happy chap so alcohol just magnifies this really.

KT1973
    Free Member

I still enjoy a good night on the piss, but I've toned it down a bit nowadays and not before time.
    In my younger days I would have shagged a split neep

BenjiM

I'm normally quite a happy camper but last weekend I had a mix of wine and madeira and I turned into a right t***. I swore to myself after that that I'm not drinking this weekend and I haven't. I can barely remember much about what I did or said last sunday so it's best I stay off the stuff. Like has been said, sometimes I think it can be down to what or the mixture of what you drink.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Beer always made me sleepy, my local had a nice leather Chesterfield near the open fire
    Wasn't unknown for me to doze off on a chilly winter's night after a few pints of Broadside.

Think its all the chemical and high strength crap that sends drinkers a bit loopy, definitely a more modern day trend towards drink fuelled violence

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Mean drunks – who makes 'em?’ is closed to new replies.