Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Me make chili now – me kill friends on new year's eve?
  • Cougar

I gather you’ve never been to Eastern Europe Cougar? They regard asking for the veggie option in a restaurant as equivalent to asking if you can bugger their mothers in front of them

<nods> in a way we’re lucky; the UK is quite forward-thinking these days in terms of the acceptance / awareness of vegetarianism. Shop-bought food is well labelled, and many restaurants do get it right. Plenty don’t, though.

I remember once staying at a B&B, came down for breakfast and before I could say anything I got a full English stuck under my nose. I went, er, sorry, no thanks, and the owner reacted like I’d just wiped my nob on the curtains.

I’m going out for dinner tomorrow, and the menu online is a “sample” menu where the one veggie dish they list is something I can’t eat. Maybe I should ask if their mother is in instead.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Can’t eat or don’t like ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be honest, I quite like a lot of veggie food (as Cuggie knows…I cook for one most of the time, so I figure I get to cut my meat intake right down, and only eat it out, in a decent restaurant where the chef/cook is invariably better at cooking it than me anyway) and would happily often choose the veggie option on a menu.

However, recently, every veggie option seems to include goats **** cheese which despite having gone on a massive cheese journey over the last few years, I still cannot stand. And it’s not as if it’s a “mild” tasting cheese either. 😐

Junkyard
    Free Member

You can rustle up an omelette for the veggies. They should be used to it by now

True that
    i remember getting fish offered as a the veggie option on more thna one occasion

Try asking for a vegan option Cougar – chips and side salad usually- jacket potato at push

I once got a vegan stir fry with egg noodles – they still expected me to pay for it when I was walking out [ flounce]

the pudding is always fruit salad

Cougar

Can’t eat or don’t like ?

Allergic to cheese.

i remember getting fish offered as a the veggie option on more thna one occasion

Yes, the obligatory tuna pasta bake. Grr argh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*adds to list in “How to Piss Junkyard Off” section of STW black book* 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Imagines size of DD’s book

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Imagines size of DD’s book ***k

😯

Cougar

Imagines size of DD’s book ***k

Not book, bookend.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cougar’s and JY’s on the left. Binbins’ on the right. 🙂

Off out for lotsa beer now. Evening all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

NOM NOM NOM

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I reckon the veggie one might even be vegan!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would need to check your stock though 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Kallo. I believe it’s Veganistic.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Presumeably the chilli’s beef based? In that case you’ll be fine, I refuse to accept food poisoning is possible from beef unless it’s actually green and moving under its own steam again.

I’m not an authority however so don’t blame me if something goes wrong.

The veggies can fend for themselves with their pretendy dinner though, don’t care about them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

oh get you [ it is ] – is the other half a health food shopping veggie then?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeez JY, it’s akshilly me that goes and buys the Kallo stuff. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sorry, I misunderstimated you again 😳

edhornby

when mrs Ed was younger (veggie at the time) and went to italy, the veggie option was pasta rolled around in the bottom of the sauce pan after all the sauce was dished out – vegitarian is no big chunks of meat yes???? 😀

the other classic I’ve seen is omelettes in france for vegitarians, that have bacon in them

cchris2lou

to be safe , cool it down to fridge temperature in under 90 minutes .

when you reheat it , it needs to be piping hot , if you have a probe , above 75C .

beef can give you food poisoning ( ecoli ) .
    I cant see how out of date pesto can make you hill , it is full of oil .

Gribs

I don’t understand the 2 pans. Couldn’t you just have claimed to have made the proper one with Quorn?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No. The meat eaters have to have some of the veggie one as well. 🙂

chrisdw
    Free Member

It’ll be reet.

Still fine to eat if you’d left it on the side overnight… Way too much caution over stuff like this, no idea how so many people get food poisoning.

binners

Just thought I’d add to the veggie/vegan comments of last night. And your disdain for omeletes. We’ve just watched the Dylan Moran ‘Yeah, yeah’ DVD, which is bloody funny!!

He’s on about having a dinner party when someone announces they can’t eat the main course as they’re vegan

“Well here’s a torch, nip out in the garden and see what you can find….”

😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gawd, that’s hilarious binbins.

😐

HermanShake
    Free Member

Anyone else noticed the irony between the OP’s name and topic?

An overdue meal of beans, mince and rice is a food hygiene caricature. Order a pizza instead!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😛

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Me make chili now – me kill friends on new year's eve?’ is closed to new replies.