Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • me and my big mouth, Google Analytics and excel
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Started new job on Monday, mentioned today that i had done some work automating Google analytics and Excel 2007 to produce reports in a previous job. Response was along the lines oh didn’t know you could do that, that would save some time… as your the only person with any knowledge could you sort something out…

So, new company is using Excel 2010, is there a solution? and what would be the best starting point. At this point i am looking at web traffic figures, and am happy playing with some VBA, just need some pointers.

molgrips
    Free Member

So did you lie about having done it before?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nothing to see here….

😉

*Cheeky edit*

DavidB
    Free Member

If you read his post, he did it in 2007 previously and is asking about 2010.

matt_outandabout

Can you not use Google’s own analytics tools – I spit out a report to my bosses each month by email, but it is all automated from the site with a custom report.

mrchrispy

just make some shit up….they’ll never know 😀

mrmo
    Free Member

i didn’t mention it in the interview as was of no relevance, the job was excel and cognos, just having a chat with my manager today and i mentioned that one of marketing reports could be done another way.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

See, this is what happens when you give it 110%.

mrmo
    Free Member

well i managed to find the code i used in the last job, which worked then, tried it at work and it didn’t, then installed a demo of Office 2010 on home computer and it did work???? So a little confused.

I might have to speak to IT in case they have blocked something???

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘me and my big mouth, Google Analytics and excel’ is closed to new replies.