Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • MCWCB Tablet warranty/fault squeal
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bought an ASUS tablet from PC World for xmas – you can stop the haughty snorting for a start – which worked fine for a couple of days before just not working at all. Went into PC World today for a swap, they didn’t have it in stock so I got a smasumg one for £40 more. I did mention that as its faulty I should get the next nearest replacement gratis but the drone on the knowhow desk came back with ‘that’s not how it works here’ and offered me a refund. I CBA with the hassle so just stumped up the cash and buggered off. Have I been had? Should I GAS? SHould I start an online petition? Should I only get artisan hand made tablets from a pop-up independent in future?

Cougar

Seems reasonable to me. They can’t replace like for like so have given you a full refund and you’ve used the proceeds towards a different one. Any obligation you may feel they have had to give you additional discounts is something you’ve made up I’m afraid.

It can happen, of course, I’ve had free ‘upgrades’ on returned faulty goods myself. But that’s down to the retailer’s goodwill, not law.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘MCWCB Tablet warranty/fault squeal’ is closed to new replies.