Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • McMoonter's Idaho Hot Springs Journal.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Here’s a link to my journal for this September’s Idaho Hot Springs Ride. There’s still a lot to get ready, I need to tweak my bike and gear. The key things are in place though, the flights and maps.

I’ll add to it nearer September.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/MCandBoblogoHotSpringingaroundIdaho

ton

Peter, that sounds fantastic……any room for a big un and a motley group of inbreds……….. 😉

tang
    Free Member

That’s great you’re doing it. That’s a ride I would love to do.

somafunk

Sounds like a proper boys own adventure, i like the sound of the “river of no return” in the wilderness area – nae bikes allowed though – a while back (early last year i think?) i read a good long thread post on MTBR regarding this route and the stunning hot springs to ease and cajole aching muscles back into life….sounds like bliss! – i’ll be following your blog, you got the Fargo built up?.

I must admit that America confuses me,?, at one extreme they rape and destroy the landscape in no uncertain terms and at all costs to get at the natural resources underground (oil/water/shale gas) to power and fuel an obscene abscess such as Las Vegas and at the other extreme they are so precious regarding the access laws (lack of access more like) that entire areas are a practical no-go, specifically areas of California with regard to mtb’s as i’ve been reading on MTBR (angry single speeder article) and from reading other folks experience in areas of the US.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I rode across the northernmost point of Idaho on the Trans America Trail. This new route parallels it off road for a spell.

I found this guy’s blog on CGOAB, it was a self made loop that links many of the springs we’ll ride. He did a lot more riding on tarmac on a recumbent, but check out the photos, the landscape is breath taking.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/IdahoOregon2008

Our route has two options. The straight forward 517 mile main route map is mostly on gravel roads, there is also a 227 mile singletrack options map. I think these are the stretches that will have the most remote feel and the best views.

I agree with Somafunk, America is a country full of contradiction.

somafunk

It’s a contradiction that ties me in knots, sometimes i read an article/listen to an interview/speak with mates that ride or DJ out there and i’m like “yeah!, that’s it…mind made up – i’m going…” , at other times i’m like “no **** way i ever want to go there, over consuming 300lb religious nut jobs with guns running about driving massive trucks whilst waving the so called flag of democracy, I’ll open my mouth as soon i get to the Immigration desk and they’ll turf me right back out” and i think to myself? – democracy?, yeah that’s a **** joke and knowing what i know about myself, mainly that i cannot keep my mouth shut for my own good, i’m truthful to the nth degree when i meet folk to the point that my mates currently make a running joke that i’m a male “Saga” from the Danish program “The Bridge”….(i had to watch it on iplayer to get what they were meaning but i think we all should be like that).

So for my own safety i plan to avoid it, 😉 , but i’ll definitely follow your trip 😀

senorj

smart – the trans america blog was ace.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘McMoonter's Idaho Hot Springs Journal.’ is closed to new replies.