Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • McMoonter Fine Art Couriers are back in business.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Stuff you’ll never see Momart doing.

#1. Wrapping a painting in a tarp, lashing it to a trailer and racing the rain back across the Forth Road Bridge back to Fife.

I had a few hairy FRB crossings in the wind but so far I’ve never broken any glass nor damaged a painting.

Rainbow Man, 1989, Oil on Board. 6×4. I’m going to include it in a forthcoming London show. It still looks fresh and full of life. I think I will paint a couple more in a similar vein before deadline.

Drac

That’s great I like that.

maccruiskeen

Stuff you’ll never see Momart doing

Try to avoid doing the things Momart do actually do – like bursting into flames 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bob_summers

I like that. Thought the bike was an Orca for a moment!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Try to avoid doing the things Momart do actually do – like bursting into flames

That might have been the best thing to happen YBA. 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The frame-a-thon continues.

edlong
    Free Member

Slightly (okay, very) OT but how do you go about deciding what sort of frame to use for a particular piece – is it driven by the piece, or the space in which it is going to hang?

Never had any decent art before, but recently got given something that I’d like to treat well…

Pigface
    Free Member

Look at the wood store out of the window 😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I make and distress my own frames to suit each painting. I’m not a fan of fancy gilded gold framing. I try to make something that will pick up on some of the colour or surface in the painting.

I did make a triptych for the Adelphi Building (Shell Mex) on the Strand. The guy who commissioned the paintings (One of the Manoukian brothers) also decided he would undertake the framing. He had huge hand carved and gilded bling things made which I think cheapened the paintings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘McMoonter Fine Art Couriers are back in business.’ is closed to new replies.