Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • McMoonter & Boblo go coast to coast again – blog content.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Last year we rode coast to coast across Scotland, Skye to Montrose.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/mcandmilesgofromskyetomontrose
    As we are going to the Idaho Hot Springs Loop in September we had better get acquainted with our shiny new bikepacking gear.

We are riding off road from St Bees across the Lake District then the North York Moors to Whitby. Two hundred and a bit miles and 5000m of climbing.

I’ve started a blog on crazyguyonabike. I will try and update it nightly.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/BikepackingfromStBeestoWhitby

Stoner
    Free Member

tick

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

have fun. bike looks ready set to go.
    PS Met Matthew Hall yesterday. Have posted in exhib thread. Cheers

honeybadgerx

We did this last year (extended through the North Yorks Moors though, and finishing in Robin Hoods Bay), post up a rough description of your route and I’ll try and recommend some good cafes!

EDIT: If you’re going past Ennerdale youth hostel today they do good scones!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We reached Kirkby Stephen yesterday afternoon and have only 600m of climbing in a 100 miles to go.

I have a whole new level of respect for the guys that rode the Highland 550.

We are going to try and finish in Whitby rather than Robin Hoods Bay to catch our respective trains home.

Bregante

Great write up so far. I fancy doing something like that myself one day.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We made it to Whitby! The estimated altitude gain was wildy out. It was closer to 6500m. Another tough but rewarding day today over the North York Moors. Waiting for a train connection that’s an hour late in Newcastle, finding it hard to stay awake.

Ill update my blog and add pictures over the weekend.

As a four and a half day challenge, I have to say it’s been an epic to remember.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘McMoonter & Boblo go coast to coast again – blog content.’ is closed to new replies.