Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • mcdonalds vs burger king.
  • tiger_roach
    Free Member

As a young kid having a birthday at McDonalds was very appealing for some reason.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Choosing between two different types of shite when you're hungry. Hmm.

Prefer food, meself.

nickc

The sanctimonious bleating rating is pretty high for this thread already I note…

Burger King. Every time

GrahamS

Subway I'm sorry are just awful their fillings are horrible.

The quality in the UK is VERY variable. It's a franchise and their quality control is pretty poor.

I got into them in Oz where Subway outsells MuccyDs and BK/HungryJacks and the quality there is consistently good with excellent fresh, healthyish fillings.

If you can find a decent one in the UK then they are great.

Andituk
    Free Member

BK burgers, McD fries.

Subway is vile, it's shite food pretending to be "healthy"

At least you know what you're getting with BK or McDonalds.

richmtb

BK, actually tastes like meat!

Still love McDonalds fries though

MrWoppit
    Free Member

At least you know what you're getting with BK or McDonalds

Lips, scrotums, eyeballs, arseholes etc etc etc…

monkey_boy
    Free Member

burger king burgers.

but MC's fries are WAAAAAAAAAAAY better

grim168
    Free Member

Something else I've noticed is that mc'd s are usually cleaner than bk

GrahamS

Subway is vile, it's shite food pretending to be "healthy"

Yep, freshly baked "subs" served with fresh salad and a choice of meats/sauce. Clearly far less healthy than a scrotum burger on a plastic bun. 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

Clearly far less healthy than a scrotum burger on a plastic bun.

I seem to remember reading a report that there was as much fat in a subway sandwich as a Big Mac.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

As a lorry driver it has to maccy d's every time but only because of their ease of access, ample parking for hgv's and cheap coffee. I don't go a bundle on the food but if I had to choose between a whopper and a big mac the whopper wins.

It's all shite really but the coffee is cheap and available at silly o'clock in the morning.

john_drummer
    Free Member

BK given the choice, but they're a bit thin on the ground near me, and the service is usually very poor.
    Nearest one closed about 2 years ago; the building is currently being refurbed as a KFC despite there being another less than 3 miles away

McD breakfast is ok, as are the chicken leg ends. Won't touch anythiing else though

Kfc grease on a stick

Wendy's were nice in Canada. Tim Horton's donuts are something else….

GrahamS

Only if you order a footlong melt with extra sauce etc.

Have a look at these 8 subs each of which has less than 3g of fat per 100:
    http://www.subway.co.uk/menu/subs/lite-subs/default.aspx

skidartist
    Free Member

I think Subway were underfire for the nasty trans fats hidden in their breads, although I think they've been shamed into removing them now. The notion that by being a sandwich they are somehow a 'healthier' option is a bit of an illusion, partly promoted by making a show of baking their strange two-part-expanding-polyurathane-foam bread infront of you. Burgers are freshly prepared salad sandwiches too.

bigyinn
    Free Member

There isn't a BK on the island, so i have to wait until im on the mainland (usually after a day on the ale in that London) to treat myself. Oh and im over there in two weeks yay! Just helps make the day out that bit more special.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Subway is much nicer in Canada and you get 2 cookies as part of the meal day rather than the miserly 1 you get here. Rip-off Britain!

That said, given the choice it's got to be In-N-Out Burger everytime!

Wendy's is better than the both of them too.

5lab

mcdonalds for me. 20 nuggets, double cheeseburger and a coke. mmmmm

molgrips
    Free Member

There are still a few branches out there that offer table service with crockery and cutlery. Proper civilised british fast food.

Pah. WTF wants to piss about waiting for a meal to be delivered to your table when it's just a flippin burger. The reason you put up with crap burgers is that you get them straight away and can walk off eating them.

Subway is good – you can have a healthy sandwich if you select healthy ingredients

Quizznos in the US is better

However FTW, it definitely has to be:

Taco Bell.

john_drummer
    Free Member

FTW???
    F*** the what?

jimster
    Free Member

Since they closed BK in Worcester the nearest branch to me is Gloucester / Cheltenham. So it's Subway unless we go down the coast and stop off at service station and have a BK.

molgrips
    Free Member

FTW = for the win

giddyrob
    Free Member

They are both hideous!

anagallis_arvensis

I will visit a BK if on a long motorway drive and hungry, its cheaper than than getting a sandwich and coffee. Not been in a MacDonalds in years, I remember when one first opened in Bromsgrove it was very exciting, but my mum would still only take me to Spud u Like.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Very rare but MaccyDs chicken burger 😛

john_drummer
    Free Member

"For the win"

What?
    The words may be English but the rest isn't

skidartist
    Free Member

There are still a few branches out there that offer table service with crockery and cutlery. Proper civilised british fast food.
    Pah. WTF wants to piss about waiting for a meal to be delivered to your table when it's just a flippin burger. The reason you put up with crap burgers is that you get them straight away and can walk off eating them.

Aye you can walk around with a burger, but you need to be sitting down for a brown derby

or a banana longboat, or a knickerbocker glory

Stoner
    Free Member

Filet-O-Fish – because bread should always be that sweet and weld itself to the roof of your mouth/front incisors 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

"For the win"

What?
    The words may be English but the rest isn't

They call it the Internet, grandad. Its not like it was when you were younger….

inbred853

Fish & Chips for me, nearest lips and arseholes burger joints are 120 miles away!
    Fresh fish only from the chipper at the harbour of course and locally sourced tatties.

inbred853

Oh, and an icecream from the cafe up the road

chiefgrooveguru

Uncle Sam's?

john_drummer
    Free Member

I know that sonny, but what does 'for the win' actually mean?

Does anyone know or are they just using it, sheep-like, because it's down wit da kids?

Cletus

At motorway service stations KFC always seems to have longer queues than the co-located Burger King.

I may be weird but I prefer McDonalds to BK – normally have the chicken sandwich though.

higgo
    Free Member

Praise the lord…. http://www.tacobelluk.co.uk/

Macinblack
    Free Member

Shame we don't get Steers in the UK.

Hero steak sandwich – MMMMMMMMMMMMMM….

Hero steak sandwich

molgrips
    Free Member

I know that sonny, but what does 'for the win' actually mean?

It means this is the post that will settle the argument or win the game. Like playing a decisive move in chess, or laying down a winning hand in poker or something. Win the game at a stroke.

molgrips
    Free Member
    john_drummer
    Free Member

Ah I see.

Thanks molgrips, that's been bothering me for a while. I can figure out most TLAs but that one had me beaten

Does it come from these internet poker sites by any chance?

tails
    Free Member

taco bell is so crap compared to the mighty santana's

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘mcdonalds vs burger king.’ is closed to new replies.