Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • mbuk Ard rock best enduro ……
  • stephenmacdonald43
    Free Member

a bit confused and annoyed. why do they only advertise ard rock as the best enduro/only in the uk. i may be biased doing the full scottish series and triple crown and loving it. Its as if there is no other enduros other than ard rock, for people who aren’t in the know where to look for races and only read the magazines must think this ard rock is the only one. they clearly get paid to have this on the front page but it still really annoys me.

andyrm
    Free Member

I’d say Ard Rock is the best. Biggest by far, challenging but accessible, a proper weekend’s entertainment rather than just bikes in a muddy field. So factoring scale, accessibility, entertainment and relative ease of reaching the location, is there really anything in the UK to compare? I can’t think of anything.

tmb467
    Free Member

But it cant be the best – no-one likes the refund policy

fifeandy
    Free Member

full scottish series

you mean that series where every second venue the only thing you see on Strava is folks complaining it was a mudbath?
    Like Dunkeld in March – who’d have thought that could go wrong oh, wait…
    What would you have thought if you’d done a 10hr drive from the SE to arrive and find that?

Not that I disagree that publicity in magazines is both blinkered and almost certainly for sale, but maybe other events haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory which doesn’t help.

tmb467
    Free Member

Good that it’s been flagged as the UKs best JUST before it goes on sale

Muzzy
    Free Member

Like Dunkeld in March – who’d have thought that could go wrong oh, wait…
    What would you have thought if you’d done a 10hr drive from the SE to arrive and find that?

Dunkeld SES was awesome…..

MSP

they clearly get paid to have this on the front page

I think there is some mateyness between STW towers and the ard rock organisers (and other members of the Hebdon massiiiiiive!) I believe they all sit in traditional pubs with real fires, drinking craft ale while exchanging beard grooming tips.

Anyway is it a thing now that people are getting territorial about the races they have been in?

seadog101

The refund policy has put me off. My work schedule has me away at the time, but there’s an even chance that it could change and I’d be able to join in the fun.

I’d have enough notice to be able to cancel my entry if I wasn’t able to go, and let someone else in on it. I know it’s not a huge amount of money to loose if I can’t go, but times are tight right now and every penny counts!

😡

MSP

oh I just realised mbuk = mountain biking UK, no wonder I couldn’t find the offending article on the front page here.

Those young pups look more like the kind that hang around outside off licenses trying to get adults to buy them bottles of mad dog, and they certainly don’t look like personal grooming has ever been a topic of conversation.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

MSP is close, but replace STW with MBUK, and hebden bridge with Harrogate. Rafferty’s are best mates /riding buddies with Guy Kesteven (sp?), that’s the essential ingredient. However, I think ard rock suites MBUK very well and is probably where they want to pitch the mag at the moment.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

In terms of number of races, riders and size of the expo, I don’t think there are any other enduro’s in the UK that compare. Whether it’s the best is subjective, it’s certainly my favourite.

Dunkeld SES was awesome…..

Andy is a hater Muzzy, loves to criticise enduro, but hasn’t actually tried it IIRC… 😀

funkweasel
    Free Member

I don’t really have a problem with the refund policy. I waste enough money on pointless shit for my bike anyway.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘mbuk Ard rock best enduro ……’ is closed to new replies.