Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • MBR top uk route in scotland
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AJ – not for me it wasn't 🙂 No way even with a 22 / 34 bottom gear. Rode most of it but not the steeper sections. I wasn't the only one in our group struggling even with a granny gear. And it was on the estate road not a singletrack climb

nasher
    Free Member

Wow!!!!

If only sunny days were a regularity like those in the photos

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I've done a few different routes involving the Ciaran Path. A couple of times I've started in Kinlochleven and gone up the WHW right to the top of the Devil's Staircase, the fireroad serves to get the lungs and legs going before the climbing turns more technical about halfway up. It's all rideable although I haven't managed to string it all together in a one-er! At the top I turned back and descended the way I came back (great descent) to the mid point and then followed the pipeline to the dam and the Ciaran Path itself. Once back at Kinlochleven there are a couple of other good descents if you cycle up past Mamore Lodge onto the fireroad – IIRC they're on the map.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlasdairMc

Finally found my pics

Mamore Lodge and Loch Leven

Eilde lochs

Glen Iolarean singletrack

Bridge of doom on the path itself

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Cracking thread, got me reminiscing about a night ride up there years ago:

http://www.offroadadventures-online.com/rr045.html

🙂

beefy

So, I am heading up there in August, so hopefully might be dry, staying withing driving distance of Glen Coe, really want to give this a crack, what sort of distance/mileage are we talking.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

In August you say?

If one of your mates suffers a puncture – just leave him. Really, save yourself.

It's not a huge mileage (25-ish at a guess) but there's a fair bit of climbing and a lot of fairly tough riding.

This is the only easy bit:

lyons
    Free Member

Nearly went up there a few years back… I really wish I had now, and can see a summer roadtrip coming on…

nickc

Looks shit 😉

DickBarton

I reckon riding up Mamore Lodge and round to the first lochan, then across the hill and down to the dam is possibly easier – saying that I've never gone up the access road but I did ride down it…

Can't recall for sure but it felt like we left the car park and got to the dam in about 2 hours but it felt very easy going (considering the length of the climb I was still feeling quite fresh!) – it was a few years back though so my timings could be very wrong…but we left the car park at around 10:00 and were back at the car just after 14:00 – which I thought was rather good considering the amount of climbing.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

13thfloormonk

Sorry for a late reply,The climb refers to the A890 Coulags to Loch Coire Fionnaraich section,It was simply superb!

After the Loch it gets very technical and boggy in places,typically Scottish,however theres very little carrying until just after joining the Bealach na lice trail.Talking to a local rider he said the decent via Drochaid Coire Lair to Coire Earba is the prefered decent making a Loop via Glen Torridon,have a great holiday! 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘MBR top uk route in scotland’ is closed to new replies.