Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • MBR Freebie
  • nickfry228
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the freebie is in MBR at the moment?
    Ta.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Just seen it in Sainsburys and it seems to be some sort of a ‘buff’.

nickfry228
    Free Member

Ta, I really meant the subscription freebie ??

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

You get loo roll delivered to your door once a month.

nickfry228
    Free Member

😆

cooie

The ones in WHS had no freebie with them. The subs one was some baggy shorts, but I can’t remember the make

frackit
    Free Member

It’s Altura Shield Baggy Shorts

thegreatape
    Free Member

The freebie that prevents me from reading this months MBUK for nowt in WHSmith is, wait for it……cable ties.

I’m holding out for a couple more months as I need a new washer for my outside tap.

Scapegoat

There was a letter in this month’s MBUK complaining about the quality of the free pedal spanner tacked to the front of a recent issues, saying it broke when he tried to shift some seized pedals. Who would have guessed? They’ve clearly made up for that by including some cable ties. I expect they are enduro quality though.

oldfart

TBF seized pedals will probably need a lot more than a free spanner to release them ! A bit of grease on the threads when fitting and ta da ! I took my freebie with me on holiday recently did the job perfectly . On the subject of freebies , I reckon I finished up on Future Publishing red alert list . Over the years I’ve had tyres , riding jerseys , shorts the list is endless ! Eventually when I tried to get yet another freebie I get told I have to wait a year before I can get another go ! Recently ivej just gone the 3 mags for a fiver route . After you cancel they contact you a couple months later and offer it again . 😀
    Kind of makes up for being an STW subscriber from number one without incentives !

neilthewheel

Cycling Plus once included a set of free allen keys, this in a magazine full of reviews of £8k road bikes.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Keys made of milk bottle top metal?

andytherocketeer

C+/MBUK used to be buffs. Have a stash of handy buffs.
    Now they’re dinky pedal spanners. Allen keys were handy to tighten Ikea furniture, since Ikea ones are usually trashed after one bolt.
    Dunno what MBR are giving now.

frackit
    Free Member

I got a Camelbak Mule with an MBR subscription and am expecting a Lezyne Macro Duo with an MBUK Sub – cancel once payment is made, wait a coupla three months until another worthwhile “gift” comes up then renew again. Simples.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘MBR Freebie’ is closed to new replies.