Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • MPB Photography – arrrgggghhhhh!
  • peterfile
    Free Member

Bought a Sony NEX 5N on Tuesday.

Box arrived yesterday…containing an NEX 5 (the lower spec model).

Resolved very promply, they posted out a replacement straight away, I nipped to the post office and sent back the one I had received.

Replacement camera arrived today…which was another NEX 5!

I need it for the weekend and I hate waiting for toys at the best of times 🙁

I’m like the kid who got the wrong sized bike for Xmas and had to wait for the shops to open on boxing day to get it swapped before they can ride it…twice 🙁

/firstworldcameraproblem

grum
    Free Member

Wow that’s pretty poor. Never had any issues with them as I said on the other thread.

Madison managed to send me the wrong helmet twice on the crash replacement scheme – one of which was tiny and in girly pink.

peterfile
    Free Member

Aye, I expect it’s just a case of bad luck grum, but if you’d already sent out the wrong model to a customer, you’d make doubly sure you got it right the second time?

Not overly impressed with the customer service. Got an “apologies for any inconvenience” as part of an email chain yesterday and a “hmmm, yeah you’re right we have sent out another NEX 5, sorry about that” on the phone today as they checked their stock system.

I’m not looking for them to sacrifice a lamb or anything, just feels like they fell a bit short of their reputation.

That said, they are fixing their errors as quickly as is physically possible.

cp

I guess the fact it’s happened twice has probably suggested that the shelf space/location which should contain 5N’s actually contains 5’s & that it takes a couple of wrong deliveries to sort it. If the person answering the phone is not the same person as picking the product off the shelf (very likely), I imagine a new order just went on for a 5N from X location, so exactly the same problem happened again.

I would imagine now at least it’s happened twice there should be a stock re-shuffle. If it were to happen a third time though, yep, they’d be crap!

molgrips
    Free Member

I got a 2.1″ tyre from Wiggle once instead of a 2.3. I returned it, got another, still a 2.1 but in a box labelled 2.3. So I called, and the guy went to the warehouse with me still on the phone and went through all the 2.3s – every one contained a 2.1 tyre 🙂

legend
    Free Member

This is what you get for not supporting your LCS

😉

peterfile
    Free Member

I am, for once, unable to think of words to properly express my thoughts.

MPB have just sent me my THIRD camera in as many days….this time sending the correct model…but they forgot to pack the lens.

Unreal.

I’m heading off on a cool trip at 5pm and really wanted it for going away. Ah well, i’ve got my iphone i suppose.

😥

druidh
    Free Member

If you were passing Edinburgh I could have lent you a Sony lens

bencooper
    Free Member

You’re in Glasgowish, aren’t you? What lens do you need?

peterfile
    Free Member

ah that’s very kind druidh. I would have taken you up on the offer but heading up towards Ballachulish/Duror straight after work. Much appreciated though 🙂

You’re in Glasgowish, aren’t you? What lens do you need?

It’s an NEX 5N Ben, so I think I need NEX specific lenses (the one which was supposed to arrive was an 18-55) or an adaptor (of which I have neither!)

wwaswas

MPB have just sent me my THIRD camera in as many days….this time sending the correct model…but they forgot to pack the lens.

I know I shouldn’t have but I did have a little smile when I read that.

McHamish
    Free Member

Get their agreement to buy the lens from a high street shop for which they’ll reimburse you*.

*doubt they’l go for it, but it can’t help to ask.

bencooper
    Free Member

Well, I’ve got an 18-55 you can borrow (I think it’s an 18-55 – definitely a zoom).

peterfile
    Free Member

thanks wwaswas 🙂

Ben, is it an NEX type lens? If the logistics work, and its definitely ok with you, that would be awesome! Send me an email and we can try to work something out (email is in profile).

Gotta love STW sometimes 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Could you rent one from Calumet?

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup, it’s a NEX Lens – YGM…

Hadge
    Free Member

Wow, can’t believe all that’s happened. I bought a Manfrotto tripod from them, next day delivery and it was perfect and I’m very pleased. I feel your pain though and your right it’s not good customer service.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I bought a Gitzo tripod from them, had sand or something similarly gritty in the lower leg locks and the head mount kept turning with no tools to tighten it up

Got a refund, but not my return postage, less than impressed and wouldn’t use again

matt_outandabout

I just ordered 100+ sets of waterproofs for work – after about half were on the hooks, and some been issued, we worked out all the size labels were on wrong sizes, and some ‘big’ waists had ‘short legs’ etc. Cue new stuff sent out – and all still randomly sized…grrrrr

peterfile
    Free Member

update:

Just received the lens in the post and a nice, genuine email where they expressed their embarassment and apologised. I also got a memory card thrown in with my lens.

bencooper is a true STW hero and gentleman, coming to the rescue on Friday night, meeting me at his shop (with son in tow) to lend me a lens for the weekend. Although the weather outside was quite horrid for photos, i took loads of the bothies (a new thread will be started soon on how the heck I start playing with those mahoosiv RAW files i now have stored on my laptop!).

🙂

stumpy01

Cool. Glad u got it sorted…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘MPB Photography – arrrgggghhhhh!’ is closed to new replies.