Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • MBMB Three Countries Tour of MTB – Anyone done it?
  • camster
    Free Member

I'm thinking of going over to Chamonix in the summer to do the fabled 5 or 6 day off road tour of Mount Blanc with MBMB and wanted to hear anyones experiences and gauge how fit I need to be (managed a week in Spain with Switchbacks OK).

Thanks

camster
    Free Member

Do'h meant to say Mount Blanc NOT MTB 😯

nksheridan
    Free Member

Me too! 🙂 Although I was going to do it alone. Anyone else done it?

jedi

yep, its fun. sleeping in refuges .col du ferret is a nice descent. in fact i would do it again in a shot

clareymorris

Some photos here!!

I've done it – and it was great. I'd actually love to do it again!
    The days aren't that long – average of about 20 miles a day, but there are of course some long old climbs but it is all pretty chilled.

The variety of riding is amazing, never boring.

Do it, you won't regret it, but maybe don't do the first trip of the year, check the last page of the photos!!!!!! 😀

nksheridan
    Free Member

Hehe, no I don't want to ride in the snow. Had enough of that here! 🙂

forgotmename
    Free Member

Yes i have, it was the best bike ride ive ever had, out in the middle of nowhere with your bike and a few mates, great climbs rewarded with great descents, theres even scenery, i did it with mbmb and they were great, id book to have the optional extra of your own room and not the dormitory, as every body farts a lot at night, it seems. Fitness wise i did 20 ish miles a day for about a month, and it was worth the training, although day 2 seemed hard, i took my hardtail, and wont next time.

jedi

i would deffo always take the hummer as always.
    alpine hardtail tastic

forgotmename
    Free Member

Im a few years older than you, Tony, so kitsuma stays at home.

jedi

your not old gaz! legends dont grow old

DrT
    Free Member

I did it last summer, although we didnt do it with a company. Its a fantastic tour, and very civilised staying in the mountain refuges. Some of my pictures HERE.. Just get yourself booked up and dont worry too much about your fitness.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Ta.

jedi

fact high5!

BlobOnAStick

Hmmm… Want to go with me? 😀

It might just be 2 of the 3 musketeers however.

camster
    Free Member

Cheers folks had already decided to go but your info and photos just reinforce that.

Ben approval from the missus still exists and still up for it though it's a shame the dangerous dad's club is abit depleted through injury!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘MBMB Three Countries Tour of MTB – Anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.