• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mazda opinions please.
  • genesis
    Free Member

Have seen a 2ltr diesel 02reg 626 estate with 70k on the clock for 2750 and would like to know what they're like to run and fix. Ta.

fadda

Reliable and boring.

genesis
    Free Member

How exciting do you think my now dead 1.6 1994 burgundy Primera was? Need to carry family, bikes etc,etc. So unfortunately it has to be function first 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As above. When my mondeo was being carted home on a flat bed because of a dead alternator I was quizzing the breakdown fella about reliable brands. Mazda he said, was by far the most reliable.

matty-B
    Free Member

Sounds a bit spendy for a 626 tbh, the 02 plates were pretty much the run out for that model, it was getting dated by then. I'd have thought you could get a Mazda6 for that money which is a lot better car and very reliable, nice big boot and fold flat seats on the hatchback for bikes etc.

plop_pants
    Free Member

I've had two 626s and both have been utterly reliable. Currently have a 2000 Sport. I don't know how much they are to fix cos I've never to.

angeldust
    Free Member

Don't know how much more you need to spend to get an early Mazda 6, but they are quite a sharp drive. As family cars go they have quite an engaging drive, much better than a 626 in that respect. To be honest if you are looking to spend less than £3K on a car you are better off going for reliability than excitment.

genesis
    Free Member

Of course thats screen price, no hagling- yet.

scruff
    Free Member

My 626 has 105k on the clock and the only problem I've had is a sticky handbrake. Utterly relaiable, left it for weeks on the drive in the sub zero temps and it started straight away, all the elec things work all the time. Big enough for lots of stuff. It dull but it works.

Surfr
    Free Member

I've had MX5s and an RX8 and all have been completely reliable outside of the qurikyness of the RX8 cold shutdown problem. Plenty of 626s on the road. Infact my boss drives a P plate I think.

breakright
    Free Member

I went through a succession of 'lemons' including a brand new german motor before getting sick of all the hassle and buying a mazda 6. Never had such a reliable machine, swallows all the bike kit plus the suitcases, the travel highchair, the travel cot, the christmas presents, the baby, the wife and two bikes on the roof. And it still cruised down the motorway no bother at all.

Boring and practical = no stress.

So – a 626 should be a safer bet than the equivalent ford.

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

Legendary reliability. My mum only just scrapped her D reg 323, and my R reg 323 is so reliable. Only thing I've had to do on it in 5 years is replace the battery once, and she's done 110,000 miles. My whole family swears by Mazdas! Still see my Dads old J reg 626 around on the road.

ourmaninthenorth

Never done anything but regualr standard servicing on Mrs North's MX-5. Sure, it's only 5 years old and has a mere 50k on the clock, but it feels like it will just go on forever….

Olly
    Free Member

My boss has had a Mazda 6 from new
    went in for an 88k service + MOT the other week.
    still not had anything go wrong with it.
    he reckons hes not even changed the brake pads.

tyres and fuel only so far…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mazda opinions please.’ is closed to new replies.