Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mazda CX-5. Anyone got one?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Just starting looking for a replacement for my current car and this popped up.

Anyone got one? Will be for a family of 4 (2 kids under 4). Mainly used for 10 mile each way trip to work with longer trips (150 miles each way) quite regularly.

Looks like it could be ideal and has a great spec for the price. So, has anyone got one?

Probably go for the SE-Lux Nav with the 2.2l D 150ps engine as currently have full leather and it’s much more kid friendly..

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

After years of Mazda 6’s I tried a CX5 and was completely underwhelmed with it. You seemed to sit on it rather than in it, it leaned and scrubbed the tyres on a roundabout. For 175bhp it also seemed slow. I desperately wanted to like it but it did nothing for me. It’s also very high off the ground compared to others if you’re trying to get a bike on the roof. Ended up getting a Qashqai Tekna which is everything I hoped the Mazda would be although it’s probably a bit smaller with less boot capacity but fine for my needs and probably not up to Mazda build quality standards.

peteimpreza

Sorry steveid but have a word with your self

“Try harder next time , treat yourself to a Q4 !

Yes, I know…did have a 2l T.Spark 156 before this one ”

johndoh
    Free Member

If you want more space there is also the Qashqai +2

john_drummer
    Free Member

10 mile journeys? Petrol may be a better option

stevied
    Free Member

Sorry steveid but have a word with your self

Yes, I know…. 😥

monkeychild
    Free Member

10 mile journeys? Petrol may be a better option

This plus lots!! Read up on DPFs 🙂 This is why I bought a petrol Skoda Superb instead of diesel.

stevied
    Free Member

It’ll be brand new so warranty nothing’s like DPF won’t be an issue. Will only keep it 3 years max..

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

If you want more space there is also the Qashqai +2

They don’t make them now………….X-Trail instead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mazda CX-5. Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.