Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mayweather McGregor
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Have we had a thread on this? Couldn’t find it.

Yesterday people saying it was going to happen, today all change.

dyls

Think they are just trying to hype it up. Mismatch but wouldnt surprise me if it happened.

ctk
    Free Member

I saw a photo of Mayweather next to Jermain Defoe (BBC football gossip page iirc) He’s smaller than Defoe! No wonder he’s so hard to hit.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Mayweather would knock him out in the 1st or 2nd round.

Even if MCGregor survived the first 2, from watching his last fight, his cardio is so poor he would be completely knackered by the 4th.

Fantombiker

What rules will they fight? Is it boxing or UFC?

pondo

Would be boxing, Mayweather will land at will and McGregor will lay but a rare glove on him. Connor’s got a chin and Mayweather’s not a knock-out artist, mid/late round TKO or towel.

BoardinBob

Mayweather would knock him out in the 1st or 2nd round.

Mayweather’s last KO was a sucker punch against Ortiz in 2011

Prior to that he KO’d the shell of Hatton in 2007

As skillful as he is, he’s not a big puncher

gobuchul
    Free Member

As skillful as he is, he’s not a big puncher

Quantity not quality.

He will hit McGregor more times in a round than he normally gets hit in 5.

It will be a complete mismatch.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it will be a complete mismatch but he wont KO him – I dont thin he will even try as he just needs to outbox him, which is what he always does, and he can do that in his sleep.

If a fight happens its only for money
    Mayweather wins a boxing match
    Connor an MMA fight
    Neither is anything like a fight between equals

jimjam
    Free Member

I can’t decide if the neverending social media noise and hype is to actualy hype the fight or just to keep themselves relevant. Or perhaps the plan is to hype the fight to the point every human on earth has heard about it.

But it’s a win win for McGregor. He gets paid 50-100million to compete in a different sport and if he loses a boxing match to Wifebeater everyone will still know he can win a fight under any other rule set.

I’d rather boxing just died quietly with some dignity rather than this bullshit though.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Ewan will get sparked out in the first ten seconds.

lazybike
    Free Member

I think I’d be more interested if it was an MMA fight…maybe they should do one of each.

BoardinBob

Oh there’s no doubt Floyd will win, however as an example

Diaz hit Conor 131 over 5 rounds/ 25 minutes in their 2nd fight

Floyd hit Manny 148 times over 12 rounds/ 36 minutes

That means Conor took on average 5.24 shots per minute against Diaz

Compare that to the 4.1 times Floyd hit Manny per minute

To say Floyd will hit him more than he’s ever been hit is fundamentally wrong. Throw on top of that the fact Conor’s used to taking shots from MMA gloves rather than boxing gloves.

Mayweather will absolutely school him in a boxing ring, there’s no doubt, but it’s not going to be a beating. It’ll be his usual safety first defensive master class as he counter punches his way to a comfortable victory.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’ll be fun to find out though won’t it.

I don’t follow fighting much, but I have to admit I thought the hype was all one-way up to now. McGregor doing his usual excellent PR, talking about fighting Mayweather for about 2 years now and Mayweather’s camp saying “McWho?”.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Another vote for quite a dull boxing contest with Mayweather the easy winner. Despite all the hype I can’t see it being a big money fight but then again I have never oaid to watch a boxing match or UFC fight

arrpee
    Free Member

I heard he’s going to play against all of Real Madrid instead.

mikey3
    Free Member

It’s like when ALI fought that sumo guy,why not put them both on unicycles.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mayweather McGregor’ is closed to new replies.